Chapter 24

The walk back from the beach seemed to have gone faster than the walk there. Liam was non-stop talking to Luke, mainly about sports. I just kind of zoned out, as I watched my feet patter against the black pavement of the sidewalk.

I feel better that I have resolved a little of the tension and drama with Luke. The part I'm dreading most is when I have to deal with Luke and Niall together because they still need to figure their shit out with each other. However, I let my mind at ease, distracting myself by thinking of the date I have tonight. Is it a date? He's taking me to dinner, but he never really classified it. I hope it is. The thought just sends me over the hill.

I smiled to myself and glanced up to see Luke's eyes focused on me as he continued talking. Oh, shit.. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and I looked back down, hoping that he couldn't see how much I'm blushing. Damn, they're burning.. stupid hormones and feelings. No doubt in my mind that they're crimson red.

I looked across the street before quickly crossing, Liam and Luke hot on my tail. I slowed my pace again to walk in line with them as we neared the all too familiar college.

"Yeah, I'll see ya later, man.", Liam gave his genuine sweet smile to both of us and hugged me lightly. "Thanks for letting me crash your beach party of one.", We both chuckled and he pulled away, rubbing his hand over my still damp, knotted mop of hair before turning the other way to head to the guys dorms.

"You guys close?", Luke asked, once Liam was out of ear sight.

Turning to walk towards the girls' dorms, I gave a small smile and nodded. "Yeah. He's probably the best guy friend that I've ever had." I noticed Luke pull his lips together. I probably shouldn't have said that. I mean, Luke's a good friend and he's taking me out. He's nice and caring, but the truth is, that Liam is my best guy friend. He doesn't have to try, he is just himself and doesn't really care what other people think of him. He always seems to be there for me, and he knows how to cheer me up with out just simply taking about himself. We can have normal conversions with out the drama. Niall and Luke, well, I feel like that is all they know how to do... They get jealous-very easily if I might add, and they just create so much drama with everyone.

"Oh. Cool.", he ran his fingers across his lips, staring straight ahead.

"Yup.", I popped the 'p', feeling the tension in the air gradually become awkward. Oh, gosh.. I hope it's not like this tonight.

We didn't really say anything the rest of the way there. Just a little small talk, but no big conversation.

I noticed the building come into view and my heart began to race. I glanced at him out the corner of my eye, but his face was just in a straight line and his eyes focused ahead of him. We both finally stopped at the door and he turned to me, but neither of us said anything. Oh God, I can feel my cheeks heat. Don't blow it Khloe.

"So..", great conversation starter, stupid.

"So..", he recited. He placed his hands behind his back and rocked on his toes like a little kid waiting to get his prize. I smiled and he did too.

"What should I wear tonight?" Wow, tonight. In only a couple hours, Luke will be taking me to dinner!

He thought for a second before giving a shy smile. "Something pretty."

I chuckled, and bowed my head. Well, that sure gives me a lot to play around with. How about I show up in a puffy prom dress with sparkles in my hair. That's pretty. "Nice description.", I teased which caused a laugh to rumble his chest.

"Just like a skirt or something.", He stared at me, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips; each passing second feeling longer than the one before. His smile growing wider, he left my nerves buzzing as he pressed his lips to my cheek, the cold stinging from his lip ring. Holy shit, Khloe. Breathe!