Chapter 8

Gemma and I continued down the mall, bags filled on our arms. "Okay, where to next?", She smiled, craning her neck to look around. I laughed watching her.

She is so me.

  "American Eagle or Hollister?" She thought for a second before finally deciding on Hollister. I laughed as she dragged my hand behind her, practically running down the lane.

  "Gemma.... Slow d-down!", I laughed, tugging my arm out of hers. Passers gave us weird looks but continued with their conversations. They were probably thinking that we were those obnoxious, crazy shoppers. No doubt in my mind that they're right...

  "Sorry." She laughed.

A sudden rush of darkness and overly sprayed perfume filled my senses, making me scrunched my nose a bit. I love Hollister clothes, just hate the fact that they spray like a dozen bottles of perfume every hour. There's a point where it can smell really good, and a point of overuse. This would be the second.

  "So.....", Gemma dragged on, flipping through a few shirts. I stood beside her, doing the same.

  "So...", I mocked, pulling out a white short sleeved shirt with a pink flower on the shoulder. Mmm... not really my type...

  "What happened last night. Like, the real reason you left?" her happy tone changed into a more cautious but direct one, making it kind of awkward.

  I don't want to lie to her, but I'm not really in the mood to get a lecture about Niall either.

  "Umm, everyone was drunk, Harry saw me, clearly was pissed that I was there, Louis looked like he was going to kill someone, and Liz and Audrey were both shit-faced, so I left. Didn't want to really be there anyway, so it's all good.", I rushed out, making sure to leave a reassuring smile while being satisfied with my answer. It wasn't a total lie, just not the full truth.

I placed the shirt back down, walking to a different display table. Gemma followed behind, grabbing a pair of jeans and a blue shirt to go with.

  "So no interference with anyone other than us couple of girls, Harry, and Louis?"

  Ugh. Seriously Gemma, can't you just drop it?  You make this so difficult.

  "Mmm, nope.", I said quickly, quickly walking to the back of the store.

  "Khlo, I know you saw 'that Niall kid'. '" she mocked me from earlier; her voice was heard right behind me. I stopped in my tracks, turning around to see her face in a smirk. I sighed, rolling my eyes.

  "Okay, yes. I did come into contact with Niall, but I promise we did nothing, and I promise that I want nothing to do with him either."

  She sighed, laying her clothes and bags next to her on a table. "Listen, Khloe, I can't tell you who you can and can't talk to, but just be careful around him, okay?" I nodded. "He's just trouble and I don't want you to get hurt."

  "Gemma, you have nothing to worry about. I don't like guys like him."

  She sighed again, looking down to the floor then back to me. "But he likes girls like you, and he'll do anything to get what he wants. I told you that this morning."

  "I know, and I meant what I said about that being disgusting. I want nothing to do with him, so no worries. It's a big campus, so I'll just stay clear of the house." , I smiled again, digging through another pile. Still coming up with nothing. Ugh, I just want some new clothes!

  She sighed again, picking up her things and thankfully changing the subject. "Not finding anything?" I shook my head no. "Okay, well I'm going to go check out, then."