Epilogue 2: Along Came April

(Sorry, it switches POV a few times)

Khloe's POV*

  The end of the year came faster than I could've ever expected it. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, the blistering light of the sun was shining through the peaks of my curtains, waking me in the most blissful and beautiful way.

  January was filled with Niall and I settling into a place we call our own. February was filled with cuddles and morning kisses. March appeared out of no where and suddenly we were in the depths of the great ocean on the coast of Hawaii, spending our spring break together in the most amazing way possible.  There was so many new things that I had been taught, new places I'd visited. The past 3 months were nothing but pure bliss.

And then there was April.

April was the toughest of them all. I knew it was coming. I'd called it way back before the new year even rang in. I could see Niall progressing in his life, and frankly, I just didn't seem to fit into his future plans anymore.

"Hey, Khlo, are you-" I could physically see the breath hitch in Niall's throat as he stopped in place, just across from where my back had previously been turned from him. The mail was spread out along the counter, an unfamiliar folded letter resting between my pointer finger and thumb.

As I slowly turned around, it became apparent that his heart had stopped as his eyes went wide while I continued to look over the bold printed words before casting my golden eyes up in his direction.

"Y-you already new about this, didn't you?" My eyes fluttered at a quick pace, trying to process everything without crying. I knew that he could tell that I was holding the tears back with all of my willpower.

And just like that, he'd gone mute. The great Niall Horan was left speechless, standing before me. His face was pale, eyes wide, lips parted, but no air was circling his lungs.

"Khloe, listen..."

But I didn't want to. I didn't want to hear anything he had to say, in fear that I already knew exactly where this was going. With the large words "Congradulations" and "Madrid, Spain" written on the top of the crème paper, there was no second guessing.

"When I'd gone to get my letter from my coach, begging him to let me finish out this season after my head had fully healed, he gave me an option." Niall sighed and tubbed his face, then continued, "One which being to finish out the last month then rest until next year, or two, I could rest up until April, then go to try outs for an abroad college in Madrid." I already knew he got the offer, but the thing I didn't know was that Niall had already been excepted before try outs even started.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered, feeling my eyes burn and my heart shatter in a million broken pieces.

I thought we told each other everything...

Niall's POV*

I exhaled. I thought I kept everything on the down low - making sure that all emails were deleted, letters were thrown away, the coaches and I spoke only at the gyms, as directed- but as she held the freshly unfolded piece of paper, I knew there was no getting out of this. She was too smart and not only that, but the fact that it talked about stuff being in the previous letter that had been sent out and already ripped and thrown away had my secret tossed under the bus in a matter of seconds.

I was leaving in a matter of days and there was no way of getting out of it.

"Ni-all?" Her voice broke and my heart shattered in that moment as I watched her knees buckle and her body slide down the front of the kitchen cabinet.