Chapter 50

Wohoo! Chapter 50 means more than half way over! okay, continue now :)

----

What? I'm so confused. What would my dad and I's relationship have anything to do with why Niall wanted us to leave? They don't even know each other.

Not only does that not add up, but also the fact that I trust my dad with my everything. How would he, who lives hours away, have anything to do with me in Georgia? And what could be so bad? He's never done one single thing to me or my mom that has been bad in any type of way. None of this makes sense.

"We're very close, why? Niall, what are you getting at?" I crossed my arms again, a scowl setting on my face.

He didn't say anything but rather just pinched the bridge of his nose and glanced down. "How close?" He ignored my questions.

"We tell each other everything."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Niall, where are you going with this?! Why do you suddenly take an interest in my father?"

"Khloe, just answer the damn question!"

"First, I want to know why! I don't need to tell you anything!"

"I hate to say this, Khlo, but maybe he's not the 'so innocent' guy that he makes himself out to be!"

The breath hitched in my throat. "Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying that-"

"No, Niall! You're not 'just saying' anything! My dad and I have a very open relationship and I am not going to let some guy ruin my head with bullshit!"

"Every one has secrets, Khloe!"

"No. Not my dad and I! I trust him over any other being on this damn planet. I know that we tell each other everything!"

"What about the part of you having a psychotic asshole of a brother, huh?! What about the fact that he slept with some other woman from America while your mother was at home tucked in bed thinking he was on a business trip? He never mentioned that, did he? Because you surely would have known about Jonah! And if you knew that, I know that you wouldn't have been okay with it! I know that you would have told your mom and you both would have left years ago!"

"W-what?" I had no words. To any of it. What was he talking about? My dad is as loyal as a fucking puppy. He wouldn't have cheated would he?

There's no fucking way.

And how would Niall have found out? They don't know each other. Niall knows nothing of my family, so surely he could be making this up. He has to be! Right?

I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I was so far beyond frustrated.

Why couldn't my life just be normal? So much has happened, and I'm done. I don't want any part in anything anymore.

"Khlo, I'm-"

"No! You're lying." I backed away as he tried to step closer. "You're lying. How would you know anything about my family? You didn't even know who my dad was! You've never even met them!" My heart felt like he had taken ahold of it and was slowly applying more and more pressure, making it crumble in his hand.

"Of course I knew that your dad was Nicolas. It's called playing dumb, Khloe, because I wasn't expecting this to happen!" His ears were beginning to turn a slight shade of pink. I couldn't tell if it was from the cold or from the anger inside him.

"So you were lying? Is that all you do, Niall? Lie?"

"Khloe, I'm not lying! Just please hear me out!"