Chapter 23

I am glad that I had picked the beach over bowling. I haven't relaxed on one since summer, and to be honest, I was starting to have withdrawals.

  The sun beat down onto my skin, radiating my body with heat. I've always loved the feeling. Like my body is being submerged into a deep sea of blankets, only instead I'm laying on a towel, half naked in the sand- even better.  The burning of the sun turning my body to a crisp started to become overwhelming, so I flipped onto my stomach and adjusted my sunglasses over my eyes.

  "Khloe, come get in!", Liam complained, walking over to my towel. I sat up onto my forearms and lifted my glasses to rest on my head.

  Yes, Liam had came, even though I was planning to just go by myself. He didn't really have anything else to do, and just kind of tagged along. I don't mind though. I wanted to be alone to get away from all the drama and the people, but Liam's different. There is no drama with him, and he's like my other half just in guy form.

  I glanced to the lake, then back up to Liam. "I'm good.", I smiled and rested back down on the towel, placing the glasses back on my eyes.

  "You're so boring." I just laughed, not being able to hold back the smile that was still present on my face.

  Before I could even comprehend what was happening, my eyes shot open and a shrill scream was released from my mouth.  "Liam! Put me down!", I yelled, but was still smiling. He slung me over his shoulder and continued to run towards the water.  Kicking and thrashing didn't seem to work however, as my -what was warm body- sunk into the depth of the cold water.

  I held my breath and squeezed my eyes shut, the air supply being cut off, and I was now left to fend for myself as the smooth and sandy surface came into contact with my bum. I pushed my feet out, forcing myself back to the surface. I took in a gasp of air while I pushed my wet hair back.

  "Liam!", I looked up to see him laughing and smiling like a little kid. "I cannot believe you did that!", I laughed and swam over to him, well, the best that I could with my brace.

  "Sorry, but you looked like you needed a bath.", he chuckled and walked towards me as I stood up, shaking the water off my brace.

  "Do you think it's okay for this thing to be wet?", I asked, ringing out my wet ponytail. I hope so. Can't really afford a new one if it's not...

  "Your hand thingy?", he glanced to it as we began walking in shore.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "It's a brace. And yes.", I smiled.

  "Yeah, It's just hard cloth and a piece of metal. It's alright.", He draped a towel over my shoulders and shook out his own, drying himself off.

  I noticed a small tattoo stained onto his wrist, moving slightly as he continued to pat himself down.

  "Liam?" His eyes met mine as I wrapped the towel tighter around my shoulders. "What does Only time will tell mean?" He stared at me confused for a second before it clicked in his head.

  "My tattoo?" I nodded and he continued. "Oh, I got it after I met Sophia.", he blushed and sat down on the towel that I had been earlier laying on.

   "I had just broke up with a really nice girl, and I didn't think I could ever get over her until Sophia came along. When we started dating, It felt weird because it wasn't Danielle. It was Sophia that now held my heart, and I wanted to know if I had made the right choice. Because Danielle had been my first real girlfriend, I felt like I wasn't right with anyone else. Sophia changed that for me, and the tattoo was like a reminder to myself that everything happens for a reason and only time will tell if I had made the right choice.", he smiled and ran his hands through the sand, still looking between his legs.