Chapter 52

Monday was tomorrow. It had been two days since Khloe and I actually became an item. It's weird to think of that.

I didn't do intimacy, but Khloe changed that.

I didn't do affection. Khloe changed that.

I used to party every weekend and get drunk on weekdays. Khloe changed that.

I didn't do relationships, and yet again, Khloe changed that.

She's changed me, and pulled me into this whole other universe that I had no insight on. I was a foreigner to her world and now it's like I'm an expert. She's my one bright star in this galaxy of dull and lifeless rocks. And honestly, there's really nothing I would change about that.

Two months. That's all it took for me to drop everything and chase after her. No one ever thought it would happen.

I didn't think it would happen.

On Tuesday when I called Annie and told her that Khloe and I were coming to stay for a week, the excitement in her voice was unexplainable. She was literally screaming at me about bringing a girl home. If this had been in May when I got expelled and went back to Ireland, I probably would have left her, like any other girl, to fend for herself. There would have been a comment like, 'Fuck no, good luck to ya!' and I would have been off.

That's what I'm used to and now it's like my world has completely flipped right side up. Khloe has taught me to start looking at the glass half full rather than half empty. I admire her for that kind of perspective. I admire her for believing and always wanting the best for others.

She's like a plastic bag that dances in the wind or a paper plane that has no plan but just flys and drifts aimlessly through life, taking day by day. And I just admire her sense of admiration for every tiny thing that comes into view.

I smiled at the thought, glancing down to her.

We were currently laying on the couch, watching Breaking Bad or something like that. I wasn't really paying any attention to the show. I was too occupied by my thoughts to even realize and understand what was going on.

Khloe had fallen asleep on me a little over twenty minutes ago, so now I sat in silence, with the t.v. talking in the background, as I tangled my hands into her hair. She huddled in closer to my body, gripping my shirt in her hands.

My arm that rested under her head started to go numb, but I wouldn't move it for the world if it meant that she was comfortable. Turning more onto my side, I pulled her even closer, wrapping my leg around hers. My phone buzzed on the coffee table, but I let it be as my head laid onto hers and my eyes closed. Whoever it is can wait until the later in the morning, when it's not 2:00 here.

Letting out a breath, I left a small kiss, as delicate as a rose petal on her forehead before I let sleep pull me under.

I was only asleep for about an hour before I was woken up due to Khloe crying and gripping my shirt harder.

I glanced down to see that she was still sleeping, however the frown on her face was still evident, even in the pitch black.

She started to grip my white t-shirt harder, squirming under my hold. I reached up to turn on the lamp only to jump and start to panic when I noticed that her lips were turning purple as the tears continued to roll.

"Khloe!" I shook her hard, my heart now racing one hundred miles an hour. "Khloe! Please wake up, Khlo.." I shook her again, causing her to jump and let out a loud gasp before she tumbled on to the floor.

She was breathing heavily, her body shaking and rocking as the cries escaped her, tears rushing even more than they just were.

"Khlo?" I mumbled, staring down at her. She was ghostly white and goosebumps filled her skin.