Chapter 18

My head snapped up to see a tiny figure standing in the door. Her long hair hung to her waist, a little tucked behind her ear.

  I rested my head against the wall again, rolling my fingers over the top of the bottle that sat on my right side, blocking it from her view.

  Fuck, I didn't even hear the door open.

  I didn't say anything, just sat in silence. I didn't trust my voice at the moment.

  She spoke up again, stepping inside the doorway a little more. I rolled my head to the side to look at her again, praying that she couldn't see the tears that had started to dry onto my flushed cheeks.

  "Are you okay?" Yeah, that's just the slightest bit of what I am. Okay.

  "Just get the fuck out, Khloe." My voice cracked at the end, coming out hoarse and thick, yet calm. I mentally cursed at myself for even speaking up. You could definitely tell that I'd been crying.

  She did the exact opposite though, quietly shutting the door behind her. I sat and blankly stared at her ragged and dirty converse as she made her way in front of me.

  She crouched down, not even worrying about the fact that her strapless top had started to fall a little. She took my face in her hands, lightly rubbing her thumbs across my cheeks.

  I moved my head away from her though, clamping my eyes shut as I rested my head back against the wall, looking up to the ceiling.

  As much as I wanted her here, my mind needed to be alone. She was just going to make it all worse. But, I'm Niall Horan, and I always get what I want, not what I need. 

  "Ni.." She whispered, catching me a little by surprise. She's never been so soft with me, though it's only out of pity, I know it.

  "Khloe. Please, just go.", I didn't look at her, waiting for her presence to be removed from the foggy air. I needed a drink really badly, but I couldn't bring myself to do it with her in here.

  I felt her remove the bottle from my grip. Shit. I finally looked back to her, only to see her eyes fixed on the worn out label. She was now in a sitting position, her feet crossed under her.

  She sighed and caught my eye, giving me a weak smile. "You've been crying." She states, sitting the bottle beside her. I don't say anything, just keep staring at her.

  "I don't need your pity, Khlo.", My throat Begin feeling strained and dry, making it hurt. I swallowed hard and looked past her, outside the window. 

  What time is it even? I blinked, taking in the small sphere in the sky.

  I felt her cold hands take a hold of my face again, pulling it down a little so that I was now forced to look at her.

  "I'm not pitying you, Niall. I'm here because you need someone. This-", She looked me up and down. "-isn't you." She caressed my raw cheeks, lightly stroking them.

  "I don't need anyone. Especially you. I never have. I'm fine. Just... go back to your little boyfriend." I stated with a little venom ready to tare through. He won. Luke had won. And here I sat just a couple rooms down, pitying myself.

  Her lips sunk into a frown before she pursed them together. She knew it was the alcohol talking. So did I, but I couldn't help it.

  She didn't say anything, just sat there in front of me, with my head in her hands, watching me like some fucked up science experiment. 

  I moved away from her, reaching out for the bottle. If she's going to stay in here, then she can watch me drink my problems away. I'm not going to stop just because she's in here. She had the choice to leave.