Chapter 85

NINE CHAPTERS LEFT AFTER THIS OMF. Also, partially edited, I'll do the rest tomorrow :)
•••

Song:

How long will I love you ~Ellie Goulding

MATURE!

"Niall?" The air grew tense and tight and I didn't like the feeling that was growing in the pit of my stomach. My heart started to beat harder and my breath grew deeper as I stared between them.

Niall cleared his throat, running a hand threw his hair while he let out an audible breath. "Well, it's great to meet you, Kaylee." he held out his hand.

My arms dropped from around Niall's waist, staring at her as she stared back at him, her mouth still agape. She glanced to his hand, then to me, then back to him before she slowly lifted her hand to his.

"I-It's nice to meet you too." she gave a smile, staring at their hands as Niall reluctantly pulled his away. I couldn't decipher whether or not I liked the feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt jealous and sick and a little worried, but I tried to push it away, thinking it was nothing.

Well, it was nothing, right? I was just over looking this?

"Well, baby. I'm going to go take a shower." he leaned down so his mouth was level with my ear. "If she leaves before I'm out, come up, yeah?" He whispered. I nodded, feeling him plant his lips on my neck. He sucked rather harshly and I yelped, laughing as I pushed his head back.

"Just go." I giggled, pushing him away. Niall laughed and kissed me quickly before giving Kaylee another glance, then turning to go upstairs to my room. "Sorry, about him." I laughed, turning to walk outside. Kaylee smiled and followed.

"It's okay." she bit her lip and sat down next to me on the lower deck where the boardwalk to the beach lead off. The sky was painted navy specked with billions of little white stars, shining brightly. The moon reflected over the water as the waves crashed against the shore. I missed this.

"So are you guys... is he your boyfriend?" She asked, pulling off her sweatshirt to reveal a small, tight crop top (like the ones Gemma and El wear to parties..) I couldn't help to glance over stomach. It was so small and her boobs were so big. I glanced down to the little skin that was showing on me, suddenly feeling very insecure as my arms wrapped around my front, covering anything from being seen.

Why would Niall want someone like me when he could have someone like her? She has the long, bleached blonde hair, bright green eyes, skinny waist, big boobs.. I was nothing compared to her.

"Uh, yeah." I bit my lip. "He is."

"Since when does he date?" I heard her whisper to herself before she coughed, trying to cover it up. But I'd already caught it. My head snapped over to look at her as my eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Excuse me, but do you guys, like, know each other some how?" I didn't want to believe they did because if so, I'm almost positive that he would have slept with her given the chance. His old self would have, anyways. And I didn't want to plant the thought inside my head. It was bad enough with the way she looked at him.

"I-" she looked me over, trailing down my body and back up to my face, the green color in her eyes fading to a dull almost blue. She gulped and smiled, turning her head back towards the sea. "I've never met him in my life."

I wasn't very convinced, but I let out a sigh anyways. Letting go was really what I needed to do right now. Niall and I were just starting to work out the bumps, I don't need another thing to step into the path.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you came over." Changing subjects was probably in my best interest at the moment.

"Yeah, I am too." She smiled. "Have you gone down to the ocean yet?"