Chapter 81

Not edited- Excuse the errors bc there's probably a lot. I still have to fix last chapters too bc I never got around to that..
•••

My finger hovered over the little blue button, the nerves tearing through me. My stomach was doing more than just simple flips. No, it was as if someone had ripped it out of me and was slamming it back and forth on the cement ground.

Sweaty hands, drumming heart- I wasn't exactly sure how this would turn out. What am I thinking? I could ruin us completely with just one little touch of a button.

I should just back out now before I get myself in a pickle.

I went to backspace, but my mind had other ideas, making my thumb slam down, the message popping up on the screen in a bold, bright, eye catching blue. The coolness of my face could be felt from one hundred miles away as all the blood drained.

Hey, butterfly x

I stared at the two words, the cherry in the pit of my stomach growing to the size of a watermelon.

Three, grey dots popped up and I felt my heart bursting with each second passing. She was actually going to respond to me. I didn't think she would and that's what makes me even more nervous.

I felt my body heat increase dramatically and I started to feel like I was catching fire. I was almost expecting the sweat to run down from my hairline.

Khloe-

Hey, Ni :)

Great, so I'm going to be the one to have to start the conversation. I let out an audible deep breath.

To: Khloe-

What's up?

No, that's too overused..

To: Khloe-

I miss you :)

No, what if she doesn't miss me? Or what if she blows it off? What if Louis lied about her wanting to talk to me and needing me and all that shit. No one really needs me. They just say they do to pity me..

To: Khloe-

How are you?

I bit my lip, pressing send. So much for curing my hangover this morning. Might as well just take this damn headache and strap it around my brain because I don't think it's going anywhere in a time like this.

Khloe-

Okay...I guess...

I huffed, coving my head under the blankets. Why is she doing this to me?

Might as well just get it over with before I explode...

To: Khloe-

Listen, I don't know what I was thinking. Matter of fact, I wasn't thinking when I said all that stuff or when I made the stupid bet. I'm so so so sorry baby :/

I quickly erased it. That's not going to work. I bit my lip again, biting it so hard that I could feel my teeth puncture the skin.

To: Khloe-

I really am sorry baby. I wasn't thinking :/

I pressed the send, anxiously waiting for her reply. I didn't know how she was going to respond, but I could only hope for the best.

Khloe-

I just... Can we not do this over text please?

Fuck. This is where my ass gets screwed over.