Chapter 55

Niall's POV*

I forcefully shoved Khloe behind me. The blood inside me was boiling at a high rate; my veins ready to explode at the extreme temperature.

"Can I see her?" I wicked grin was plastered on the man's face as he tried to steer around me, just to get the quickest glimpse.

"Fuck off." I sneered. I wanted to just beat the man senseless, but there would be no use because I'd clearly lose and probably lose my girl in the process.

"But, Niall. She's quite the pretty little thing." He stared into my eyes, his piercing blue ones stabbing me.

And I thought my eyes were blue..

The man raised his hand softly, pressing the tips of his fingers under my jaw, moving it slightly to look and see just exactly how much I'd changed.

"Just one little look, Niall." He whispered. People were staring, but they were the last on my mind as I felt Khloe grip my shirt and burry her face into my back.

"Fuck off, dad!" I shoved him by the shoulders, myself stumbling backwards over Khloe a little. She quickly stopped me, gripping my t-shirt tighter in her hold.

"But, Niall. It's been so long. Don't you just want to-"

"No! I want nothing to do with you!" I quickly turned to Khloe, grabbing ahold of her hands. "We're leaving. Now." She nodded quickly following after me as I fast walked back to the girl’s dorms so that way I could get my car and we can leave. There is no way that I am staying here.

This can't be happening. There is no way in hell that this is fucking happening.

I came here to get away from this. To get away from him. This man is not supposed to be here on these school grounds. He can't be! This is my safe place.

When I left him years ago, he was never meant to find me. I never wanted him to find me. I know what he's capable of. Sure, he couldn't be completely clueless because this is the college that Annie and Greg both went to, but I still had some hope. Now it's like that hope had been thrown into the sea.

This has to be a dream. All of it. It has to! I'll wake up in Ireland in a few minutes with Khloe snuggled into my chest. Her hair will smell like coconuts and lavender, and she'll have this faint smile on her face. Downstairs, Annie will be making us a feast for breakfast while humming along to Ed Sheeran on the radio.

I have to be sleeping.

That man is not here.

He can't be.

The reason I only planned on the trip being a week is because I needed to make sure that we wouldn't run into him. I did not want my father to find out we were there. If he did, hell would surely break loose. However, now I only wish that we would have stayed longer. That heaven above would have at least gave us some warning within the whispers of the wind.

Oh God, I felt sick. Just seeing his face brought back so many memories. Memories that I had shoved and buried in the back of my head. Now, they're all I could see. I was being blinded by my past.

I could see him stumbling into the old little shack of a house we used to live in. He'd throw his keys onto the wooden coffee table and just stare at me.

"What the fuck do you want? Is there something wrong?" I spat, sitting straight up on the couch.

He just lugged over to me with heavy boots. He gripped onto my hair, holding me up a bit as his face got closer. I could smell the liquor fuming off of him, causing me to gag.