Chapter 72

Niall's POV*

As Khloe made her way into the bathroom, wrapped in a clean sheet, I quickly pulled the soiled ones off my bed and tossed them in a pile to the side.

I grabbed a set of navy blue out of the hall closet, quickly binding my mattress in the cotton material. I threw my pillows back at the headboard, and fixed my white comforter overtop.

After I was done with that, I gathered the sheets into my arms and started towards the bathroom to notify Khloe that I would be right back. Setting them down outside the door, I slowly turning the knob to open it.

"Khlo? Babe?" My eyes caught her body curled up in the bottom of the tub, the water slowly filling. She didn't look up, instead just sniffled. "What's wrong, baby?" I rushed to her side, sitting on the toilet seat.

She flinched as I ran my hand over her head, smoothing out her hair. She glanced up to me, her cheeks red and puffy. Glassy eyes and a pale face was the image that quickly took over my vision as I felt an aching pain strike through my chest.

Her head shook and I could feel my whole body slump when she looked away.

I bit my lip, deeply regretting what had happened in the past hour or so. I had had this fighting urge inside me at the time. It was wrong and I really did want to wait for her sake, but the devil had gripped ahold of my brain and tore it apart until I glanced down to see her naked and shaking body under me. Tears were pouring down her face and I suddenly realized what I was actually doing. I wish I would have had the ability to stop, even after she shook her head no, but it had just been too long and sadly, temptation had gotten the best of me.

"Are you okay, Khlo?" I whispered. I hated to see her like this.

"I-" her voice cracked and she just shook her head, looking down. I let out an audible sigh. What the fuck have I done?

"Baby, I'm so sor-"

"It's not that, Niall." she looked up to me again as if she really wanted to make her point and knew that everything was okay. But, everything wasn't okay. I mean, she's been crying since she'd eyed the damn mess on the sheets.

"Khlo-"

"I'm fine. I just... I always had a plan, ya know? And it's not a bad thing that it happened because I wanted it to more than anything but I just feel like I screwed everything over." she started to tear up again and I honestly felt really bad for everything that's going through her mind. "I mean, I gave myself away before marriage which is a big no in my family. I bled all over the fucking place. My legs hurt so, so bad to the point where I can barely move. My heart is racing a million miles an hour and my head is so scattered with thoughts that I can't even hear myself think." she sobbed, placing her face into the palms of her hands.

I felt bad for just sitting idle and not helping or comforting her, but I didn't know what to do. I've never had to go through this with a person. This is why I didn't hold responsibilities for taking a girl's virginity in the first place. It's too much. There's so much emotional shit that takes place.

"Hey, baby." I tried my best, kneeling at the side on the tub while my hands tangled themselves in her wet, knotted strands. "Look at me." My voice was quiet, trying to comfort her to my best ability.

When she did, my thumbs found the skin under her eyes, clearing her tears. My heart ached for her and I just wanted to hold her.

"It's going to be okay, alright?" I pushed her hair back. "Why don't you finish up here and we'll make breakfast and have a lazy day in bed. Sound good?" She nodded, so that's what we did.