Chapter 36

Niall's POV*

  There comes a point in time where what was once was a little game becomes a battle, and then that battle becomes a war. A war that doesn't just kill one person, but kills a whole army. Time is like a bomb. It just keeps ticking and ticking, never going back- only forward- and one day, that bomb is just going to go off, and no one is going to survive it, killing everyone including myself.

  I could have done something to prevent it. That day when I caught him with my sister, I could have just left and walked away. I could have missed the opportunity to take action and prevent all my screwed up mistakes. I probably would have gone that whole day not knowing. Maybe I would've heard it around capus the next day, or maybe not at all. Maybe, just maybe, if I decided to stay that night with Harry instead of at Annie's I could have missed the whole thing.

  He didn't know I was there when he pushed through the wooden door. He didn't know that I was in that bathroom, listening to their heated argument. I could have spared myself from everything if I had just decided to listen to Harry for once.

  But I didn't. Instead I sat there, my blood boiling hot as I watched the drunk psycho shred the clothing off my sister. I watched as he pinned her to the wall, not giving a shit about the fact that she was trembling and screaming.

  My only problem was that she was screaming my name and all of a sudden, my toes were nailed to the ground. I sat in the hallway staring at the two, fuming, but that hurt in my chest had over powered my movement to the point where I was too stunned to move.

  It wasn't until he had started to pull his pants down that was able to move. I remember tackling him to the ground, as my sister slide down the wall, covering herself with the white sheet that rested at the end of her bed. After that, everything was a blur.

  "Niall?" I shook my head and glanced up to Louis who was leaning against the sink. "You alright, mate?"

  I blinked, staring blankly at him for a second before I gave a slight nod and rested my head into my hands, placing my elbows on the cold counter top. Goosebumps ran up my arms, chilling my spine and their way down.

  "Yeah, um, sorry. Continue." I don't even remember what we were talking about. Something about the party tonight, I think.

  "Anyways, since it's your twenty first birthday, do you want to legally go out or do you just wanna throw another party?"

  I glanced back up to Louis who was still standing across the kitchen with his known smirk on his face and his arms crossed. "Can we sneak in Harry?" I chuckled as Louis smirk turned to a mischievous smile.

  "Of course we can, little toad." I gave him a funny look, chuckling. What?  "We have before, so why can't we now?" Smiling, I stood up straight and walked out towards the living room.

  After my little walk to cool down earlier, I had decided to just come back here to the frat house. No point in me walking to the dorms just to turn back around and walk another fifteen minutes this way.

Plus, I kinda wanted to see the nice marks I had left on Luke's face, however, he was already gone to the doctors by the time I had came back.

  Pussy.

  As I entered the living room, the only boys I came face to face with were Zak, who was sucking face with Liz(El's friend), and Collin who was cuddling with his girlfriend on the couch.

  "Hey Collin, Emily." I decided to talk to them over interrupting Zak and his little friend. I turned my eyes back to Collin who was releasing a small yawn. "Have you seen Harry?"