Chapter 17

We walked into the house. The lights were on this time, making it easier to see the people and their faces.

  The music rattled my chest, making my heart beat faster and my body pulse with each pounding beat.

  The air was stuffy and the tables were completely filled with red, plastic cups. El grabbed a hold of my arm, pulling me down the small hallway and into the already crowded kitchen. We passed a couple, making out against the wall, practically naked. If I wasn't already nauseous, that would have definitely done the trick for me.

"Don't worry, lights will go out in about an hour then you won't be able to see the shit that actually happens here.", El informed me as we pushed through a few more people, finally making it to a large group in the corner.

  "That makes me feel one hundred times better.", I joked. She laughed and let go of my arm to cling onto a guy who had his back to us.  They're so cute. If only I was able to have that.

  Louis turned around, his smile growing brighter at the sight of his beautiful girlfriend. He kissed her on the cheek, then looked up to me.

  "Ah, Khloe!", he wrapped me in an awkward hug. "Are you deciding to stay this time?" he joked and smiled as he pulled away, linking his arm around El's waist.

  "I dunno.", I chuckled. "Depends." On if Niall pulls anything- I wanted to add on, but instead just smiled. He nodded, and turned a bit to allow me to step into the circle with them.

  There were a few familiar faces, and a few unfamiliar. I took in each one, lingering the longest on Luke, and the least on Niall.

  He smirked at me when his eyes caught mine, but I shot my eyes back to Luke, giving him a faint smile. Luke smiled widely back, the one where his eyes crinkle at the corners, and his teeth show through.

  I couldn't help but stare at the little black ring that circled around his bottom lip. I've never been the type of girl to find a guy like any of these boys attractive, but for some reason, this year has been like a new me. Going to parties, hanging around guys who have tattoos and piercings. People who drink and smoke. Definitely not my usual cup of tea, but the change feels nice.

  I watched as he stood up from the windowsill and started walking across the circle towards me. I felt me knees go weak, however kept the smile painted on my face.

  Oh my gosh. Why do I get like this? I never get butterflies from guys, I never feel nervous, and I never 'go weak in the knees'!

  "Who's the pretty lady, Luke?", The black (not to be racist) one asked. He had short black hair and beautiful brown eyes. He was in a pair of dark jeans and a blue t-shirt.

  I smiled at the compliment and turned to Luke. "Uh, this is Khloe." He smiled down at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Cue the butterflies.  My smile stayed put as I turned back towards the group. I noticed Niall shift uncomfortably out of the corner of my eye. Sucks.

  "Khloe, this is...", He pointed to the guy who spoke first. "Zak. He's on the basketball team." Luke then went around, naming everyone in the group who were new faces to me. There was Zak, Collin, and Zayn. Collin had light brown hair and green eyes, and Zayn had dark brown, almost black hair with deep brown eyes.

They were all apart of the frat house; Zak being the oldest, and Luke, Niall and Harry being the youngest.

  Then there was the blonde girl on the left of Collin. Emily. She looked a little curvy, and tall, but was absolutely beautiful. Her blonde curls fell in ringlets around her face and her blue eyes sparked in the light.