Chapter 62

Okay, I deleted the other chapter, but don't worry, this one ties in with it! However, this leaves off after Niall confessed his love for Khloe.

•••

Niall's POV*

I said it. Oh god, I said it.

It just kind of slipped, but for some reason, I just kept spilling more and more. It was as if my mouth just couldn't keep shut.

To see the smile on her face brought me the greatest satisfaction. She didn't tell me she loved me back, but I'm okay with that. She doesn't have to love me for me to feel this way towards her.

She gives me this sense of security and just… trustworthiness. I can't exactly explain it, but I'm becoming more whipped by the second.

As soon as my lips were pressed to hers -there on that pavement- my mind wouldn't shut down. I began to feel things that weren’t natural. I began to see things- seeing us.

I remembered seeing her that first day. I remembered the short skirt, and the black bandeau bra. I remembered the way her hair was perfectly curled, the top half pulled up.

I then remembered everything up to the day where we sat, strung in the stream of an icy river, just out of town. I remember the way she was so hesitant, yet playful. I then began to remember me leaving her, only to return hours later to see her walking home.

I remembered our first argument, and every single one that followed, leading up to that day that we were arguing about me not showing her affection, after we returned from Ireland.

It's crazy how the mind works. How one day you cannot know a single thing, and the next, you know a whole lifetime worth of information.

How one day, you can be buried so far under ground- to the point of where your feet are dangling above china- and the next have this wonderful and amazing person pulling you out, allowing you to breathe properly.

That night as we were lying in my bed, her head was resting on my chest, her eyes closed. I couldn't help but to stare at her and start to think. Start to question the possibilities of having a future together.

Would she be my soul mate?

Could she possibly be my wife somewhere in time?

Would she really open my eyes that far?

Could I see us living in a house somewhere on the beach with little kids running about?

I felt a smile tug at my lips at the thought before I lightly attached them to her temple. She'd squeezed my hand, burying her head into my outworn blue shirt.

I slept well that night; feeling this massive weight evaporate into thin air. My heart was beating, and it was beating just for her. The brown haired, caramel eyed, laughable, tender hearted Khloe Sparks. I loved that girl, and I'm glad she got the chance to know it because I wanted her to know that for the rest of her life.

The next morning, I awoke, trapped in another universe. I felt different. A good different.

My shades were down, like always, casting a dark shadow over the room, making it seem like it was still very early in the morning when in reality it was probably around seven-thirty.

"Khloe." I whispered, nudging her cheek with my nose. "Baby, we have to get up."

She rolled her head to the side, mumbling an incoherent sentence. I giggled a bit, rolling over on top of her. I could tell she was now awake as a smile spread across her face, but her eyes remained closed.