Chapter 31

"You're going in that?", Gemma asked as she took in my black shorts, and coral colored top.

  It was now Tuesday night, and Luke had called me saying he was on his way for our date. We decided on dinner and a movie. Typical, but sweet.

  "Uh, yeah. I was planning on it. Does it look too dressed down?", I asked, looking into the mirror as I tugged at the hem of my shirt, rocking nervously from side to side on my feet.

  "No.. it's cute, but I would have expected you to be in a dress or something. It's a date, Khloe."

  I found her eyes in the mirror, giving here a frown. "I'm not a real dressy girl. If he likes me, he likes me, so my clothes shouldn't matter." I have always felt this way. A guy, even one like Luke, should like me bases on my personality not my clothing.  Hell, I will wear sweats on a date if I want. If you are going to judge me then don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

  I smiled deciding that I would be fine. I quickly brushed out my wavy hair, pining my bangs back. A knock sounded at the door as I quickly applied a light cover of pink lip gloss.

  Gemma opened the door and in stepped a smiling Luke with his black shades resting on his blonde hair that was styled to perfection. 

  "Ready to go?" I nodded and hooked my arm with his. He sent Gemma a wink as we exited. I placed my cellphone into my brown, fringed side purse and quickly slipped it over my shoulder.

  "Have fun!", Gemma yelled down the hall before the slamming of the wood door sounded through the halls.

  We walked to the elevator, waiting in a comfortable silence as we waited for it to raise to our level.

  "What movie did you want to see?" Luke asked, holding onto the metal bar as it began to lower.

  "Can we see a funny one? I don't really like scary.." I could feel my cheeks heat from embarrassment. What eighteen year old girl doesn't like scary movies?  Only I would make myself sound lame on a first date...

  "Anything you want, babe." I smiled and waited as the elevator came to a stop, the doors opening to release us.

  I followed him out, smiling when he open the main door into the semi- chilly, September night air. "After you.", I nodded and walked out. He appeared beside me, his warm fingers brushing against mine, making an electric bolt shoot through my veins.

  Have barely made it out the door and it's already going well. Way to go, Khlo!

  I smiled as we made our way to his car. My smile faltered when he walked around to the driver's side, getting in without even thinking to open the door for me.

  I slowly got in, placing the belt around me. Okay, maybe I spoke too soon..

  Luke looked over to my while he started the car. He stared at me for a couple seconds before leaning over the center council, pecking my lips. I smiled and blushed, looking down. Well, that surly makes up for it.

  "Alright, lets go get some dinner!", he smiled, playing with his lip ring between his teeth as he focused on the road.

  I turned to look out the window, watching the city traffic as we pulled onto the main road.

  It only took us a matter of minutes before Luke pulled into the small parking lot. The car ride was mainly silent, but it was comfortable with the light music that played in the background.

  Before I could even unbuckle, he had raced over to my side, opening the door for me.

  "Sorry, I should have helped you in, too.", he said as he took my hand and helped pull me out. He looked nervous and I couldn't help but to chuckle.