Chapter 58

"Where is she?!" I sat straight up, ignoring the shock of pain, which felt like bolts of electricity that ran through my bones.

The doctor stopped his rambling, standing up straight, his eyes going wide. He straightened his white jacket, placing the clipboard onto the table.

"Where is who?"

Fuck, I'm such a fuck up. "This can't be happening..." I cursed, feeling the familiar pressure behind my sinuses.

"Niall, you should probably sit back. Whatever the problem is, we can fix it..." He walked over to me, helping me lay back.

"No! Get your hands off of me!" I shoved him back, hissing in pain by my ribs.

"Okay, Niall, I need you to talk to me. What is the problem?"

"Where the fuck is Khloe!?" I yelled. I could feel my face growing hot by how pissed off I was getting. "I'm such a fucked up person, I can't believe I did that.. God, she probably hates me." I murmured to myself, sitting back in defeat.

In my defense I really didn't remember...

"Mr. Horan, calm down, we will get her."

"Don't call me that! That is my father, not me. I despise my father!"

"Sorry, Niall, please calm down, sir." The doctor went to the door, sticking his head out. "Khloe."

Wait, what? She's here?

Not even seconds later, Khloe was walking in, a panicked look written across her face. She glanced to me then back to the doctor.

"W-What's going on?" She stuttered. It was as if there was a gravitational pull between us as she kept inching closer to my bed.

"Please, just come here?" I spoke softly, scared as to what she would think. Does she hate me? I was a dick to her.. Did I ruin my chance?

Her head whipped around to look at me, before she glanced back to the doctor.

Can he leave already, I kind of need to talk to my girl.. Well, if she still is my girl...

I stared at him for a moment too, with a scowl on my face. I think he got the message as he cleared his throat and exited.

Prick.

Khloe turned to me again, her tank-top strap falling off her shoulder. I glanced to it, before pulling on her arm for her to sit down.

I scooted over, pulling her into the bed with me. She looked confused for a moment, but I could hear the small sigh of relief that she'd let out when my arms wrapped around her.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled into her hair. I rested my head onto her shoulder, my eyes closing.

She moved a bit to get a better look at me. "I'm confused." She whispered, placing her hands in my chest.

"I've been dreaming about you. Dreams that are far more than just seeing your face."

"Like what?"

"I don't remember them much, but I know the feeling I'm getting when I wake up from them. I was confused because you were in my dream while I was in a coma. It was you and me and it was so personal. Then I heard you for the first time after I'd woken up. I couldn't talk, or even open my eyes, but I could hear you. I just wanted to open my eyes to see if it really was you, but I couldn't."

Her fingers drew light circles over the hospital gown, her eyes never once looking up to mine.

"And that next day, when I finally did open them, and you were there, you looked so different from my dream. Still beautiful, but... different. My head couldn't tell who you were.