Chapter 27

"Gemma..." I groaned, rolling my eyes and backing away from her. She still held a smirk, staring intently at me while awaiting my answer. Her dull hazel eyes now filled with a wicked energy that enclosed them into a thick sheet.

"Let me guess.. Niall?", she asked with a sly smile. Seriously? How the hell does she literally know everything!?

Turning slightly to try and avoid her gaze, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "W-What?", I gave a nervous chuckle, playing with the hem of my shirt. Way to look obvious, Khlo. She raised her eyes as I stood silent, my cheeks slowly starting to burn. "Why do you say that?"

"Oh, 'ya know.", she sang a little, spinning on her heel to take her seat again. "Only because you guys were all lovey- dovey yesterday, and then last night, he came to me for help about something to do with you- Which don't tell him I told you that I helped!", she pointed an accusing finger at me. What does she mean he came to her? She's the one who gave him the picnic idea? I thought that was just his random act of what kindness he has in him..

My heart sunk at the thought that it wasn't him who had thought of it. Even though I turned it down, I still had that little flicker of hope that just maybe he could be one of those romantics with the fun adventurous side that I was looking for. But now, knowing that Gemma's the one who thought of it, it turns my perspective a little. It's Gemma's act of kindness, not Niall's..

"Wait, you gave him the picnic idea?" She nodded eagerly and smiled big. She folder her hands on top of the counter, resting her head on them. "Oh...", I looked down, not wanting to show that it had got to me. "Well, I didn't go. Luke was taking me out instead.", I sighed, glancing up to see her smile had now faded.

"Yeah, please explain! Like Luke Hemmings? What the hell?", She exclaimed, surprise clear in her eyes. "How the hell did you get ahold of him? No offense or anything, but what?" My cheeks heated and I couldn't help but giggle. "Like. I don't understand. Really!"she laughed.

"I don't know.. we just kinda started talking.", I mumbled, not really knowing what to say.

"L-Luke Hemmings. What? Like, Khlo, you have no idea how big that is! He doesn't ask girls on dates, no matter what.. trust me. We've all tried!" Gemma laughed and smiled big. Really? I don't see him turning girls down though..

"Oh.", was all I could say. How was I supposed to react to that? I'm a first for once. Feels nice.

"Wait, so holy cow, so Luke's the one who gave you love bites?" She beamed, staring at my neck. I shifted under her gaze, leaning against the small sink.

"No... Niall did.." Her smile dropped again and her face twisted as she stared at me.

"Okay... I'm confused..." I sighed, thinking of a way to say this with out it sounding bad, because honestly, I'm confused too, just in a different way.

"Um.. well, I don't really know how to start this.", I sunk lower, crouching to the floor as I plopped on my butt.

She's going to know I lied about this morning. I should have just told her the truth to begin with..

"I um, I was at the beach with Liam while you guys were all bowling. Then Luke showed up, apologized, and asked me on a date- which I of course said yes to. Then when I was getting ready, Niall showed up with the basket and all, not even giving me a heads up or warning. Nothing. And I already had plans, so I turned him down and told him I was going on a date." I glanced up to her to see if she was still paying attention, which of course she was.

"When Luke showed up, Niall was still there and they both were in shock, I think.. then Niall just snapped. He started yelling and stuff which made me of course yell back and defend Luke. Then he just kind of stormed off, leaving me in the hallway, crying." I let out a big breath as the memories flooded back to me.