Chapter 51

Niall's POV*

I was caught in the in between stage. Where your dreams are still lingering, but reality is just within the switch of mind. I could still see Khloe's smiling face next to me, but I knew that I was still dreaming because her body heat had disappeared from my side.

So my first choice of the day was that I could think less and fall back into a peaceful sleep, or I could peel my eyes open and deal with the bright light from the windows, along with a major situation that is supposed to be sorted out.

As much as I'd rather lay and continue this dream while curling back into the heated sheets, I decided on the second option and slowly, very slowly, opened my eyes. An instant smile was brought to my face as I took in the most beautiful sight in front of me.

Damn, I'm turning into such a fucking sap.

Khloe sat at the end of the bed, dressed in sexy, navy blue, knee-high socks, her white, knit sweater, and a pair of short navy blue comfortable shorts. Her hair was back in that braid and her feet were crossed in Indian style, while she held a coffee cup in one hand and book in the other.

Pure and blissful.

She hadn't noticed I had woken yet so instead of informing her, I just laid back, eying her. I was starting to notice the little things about her.

Like the way she would squeeze her eyes shut if something was unpleasing to her. The way she bit her lip if she was trying to not laugh. Or the way her eyes would grow bigger if she really liked something. It was weird how I was starting to pick up on these thing, but I... I enjoyed it. I enjoyed learning all about her. She was very interesting to me and I liked that. I liked how she wasn't like everyone else. I had to actually put effort into her. No, I didn't have to, but I wanted to.

With the thoughts of her filling my mind, I wasn't really aware that I was smiling as big as I was until she glanced over to me, a large smile taking over as a light chuckle escaped her perfectly pink lips.

She closed her book and set her coffee on the night stand before turning to me. Yawning, I sat up and ran a hand through my flat hair, pushing it more to the side rather than having it hang in my face.

"Morning." She smiled, her eyes sparkling in the morning sun.

"Morning." I leant in for a kiss but she placed her hand on my shoulder pushing me away.

A small giggle echoed through the air as I gave her a look. "Go brush your teeth first, lazy bug."

"Lazy bug?" I laughed and she did too as she shrugged. I shook my head, but smiled and complied as I stood from my warm cocoon I had made in the blankets, making my way towards the bathroom.

I quickly ran my tooth brush around my mouth for a few minutes before lastly, rinsing with mouthwash. I glanced in the mirror, noticing the small amount of stubble that was starting to form.

I quickly splashed my face with cold water before applying the shaving cream that I has left here before. I was glad to see the spare razor as well. I ran it over my chin a few time, trying to be careful, yet fast. Lastly, I once again splashed my face and smiled as I dried it.

Once I was back in the bedroom, I made my way to the bed again where I had tackled Khloe. She let out a small squeal then giggled as I kneeled above her.

We stared at each other for a few seconds with goofy smiles until she ran her hands across my cheeks. "You shaved." she smiled.

"I did." I smiled back and leant down. She met me in the middle, finally connecting our lips. I let out a huff of air and fell onto my forearms that rested beside her head. Khloe's arms slowly wrapped under my triceps, resting on my back.