Chapter 88

Mature (more descriptive than usual)

Khloe's POV*

I laid spread out on the plush queen mattress, trying to let the air flow easily through my lungs, however that wasn't exactly the easiest task as a thick and rumbling cough bellowed through my chest. I closed my eyes and tossed and turned for a bit before deciding to just lay on my side, not being able to breathe out of my nose like that. I groaned internally and sat up, pissed off at the fact that I was not going to be getting sleep anytime soon.

I threw on a pair of Niall's soccer sweats before quietly exiting the room so I wouldn't wake him more. I could tell he was trying to sleep through my yuck as every time I'd cough, he'd rub my stomach lightly then bury his head deeper into his pillow to cover his face and ears. I felt bad, but I couldn't help it. I mean, I woke myself up from coughing so hard.

Making my way into the dark kitchen, I slapped my hand against the light switches not wanting it too dark nor too bright. I pushed one up, sighing in relief as it turned on a dim back light.

It's good enough.

I hate being sick. Fucking colds can go to hell.

I grabbed a coffee cup and filled it to the brim with water before putting a tea packet in and shoving it into the microwave. Letting it heat, I pulled my arms into the short sleeves of Niall's shirt, hugging my own body.

I have come to the conclusion that I officially hate the weather in Ireland. I have no idea how anyone can live in the cold. All it's done is rain then snow then rain some more then snow again. I don't get how Niall enjoys this. Don't get me wrong, beautiful country, very beautiful, but I would definitely not be able to live here. I need sun and all I've seen since I've came here, for the first time even, has been clouds. There was one time that it warmed up to almost 70 degrees last time and even then it wasn't sunny.

Ireland is just more of what would be a vacation spot to me... I don't think I could handle living here, ever.

I let out a scratchy cough again, followed by a sneeze. And then another. Then another. I shook my head and pulled out my heated drink, placing in a spoonful of honey and a dash of sugar. Niall said that this was the best way to help him when he's sick so I thought that I might as well try it.

Seeing that it was seven in the morning I decided to just go sit out on the couch and turn on the tv so Niall could have his peaceful sleep. I set the drink on the coffee table and curled a giant, black fuzzy blanket around my shoulders as I plopped down into the soft cushions. I ended up just turning on an old rerun of Full House, barely watching as my eyes kept themselves half peeled.

A sharp pain struck my chest again and I coughed the hardest and longest yet, my breath being swept away from my lungs as I choked to get more in. I took a drink of the tea, feeling it wash down my insides clearing out my throat as the heat burned down my esophagus. Setting the glass back down, I groaned and laid down on my side, pulling the blanket tighter around my sides as my golden eyes pierced the tv.

Around one that afternoon, they had popped open bringing me to realization that I had been able to get a few hours extra of well needed sleep. Sniffling, I sat up, looking around. I expected to find Niall cooking in the kitchen but was left surprised when every light was still shut off and the house was in dead silence. Thin streams of clouded light invaded the house from the windows bringing it into swallowed peace.

Slowly sitting up, my head felt heavy and my nose was stuffy. I coughed lightly and stood to go to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of ice water and took a drink before peeping into the pantry. I plucked out they box of graham crackers which I snacked on for a bit, not really hungry, but knowing that I needed to eat something before I became even more sick than what I really was.