Chapter 59

My head felt heavy and my arm numb as I slowly forced my eyes open. The sun streamed in through the crème drapes, exposing the fine dust particles that floated in the midst of the air.

I rolled my head to the side a bit, a small smile forming on my thin lips as the sweet smell of hot syrup and honey entered my senses. Unfolding the body of warmth from my body, I slowly slipped out from the bed. Yawning, I ran my hand through my hair, trying to ignore the burning pain that struck my stomach.

It's been a week since I've been out of the hospital and on this damn medication, and it hasn't helped worth shit. The only thing I've been able to do is sit, eat, and sleep to keep the pain at a minimum.

Khloe has been helping me a bit on my class work, but it becomes very difficult when I don't even know the shit.

Along with that, my roommate, whose name I really don't care to remember has been up my ass about every little thing. Stuff that I don't even fucking remember! I don't even know why the hell I'm here and not at the frat house, or why he and I were ever friends or whatever we were. My head seemed to be even more messed up then, than it is now.

I carefully slipped a white shirt over my head, laughing internally at the graphic design of a lady's legs which had a thong half way pulled down them, with the words "eat me" on it. Of course I have this fucking shirt!

My black skinny jeans followed, before I crept out of the bedroom, and into the kitchen.

Khloe and Harry sat at the cheap looking dining table, both smiling and laughing over something stupid, I'm sure.

...I mean it's Harry...

I don't know why, but a funny feeling started to rumble inside my stomach at the sight of them, drawing me closer to Khloe. I rested my arms over her shoulder from behind, moving my body closer so that way I was practically rubbed up against the back if the chair. Her small, cold hands came into contact with mine as she raised them, interlocking our fingers. It was weird being close like this to someone. She continued her conversation about some guy, the only acknowledgment given to me was the small rub of her thumbs over my knuckles.

Should I be worried that she is talking to this guy? Or at least talking about him to my best mate?

"Morning, Niall." Harry smiled up to me before taking a bite of his food that I'm assuming he made since I've recently learned that Khloe cannot cook to save her life.

The first day that we got back here, we went through a full carton of eggs and only came out with four edible ones because she'd broken or damaged all the others...

I have to admit that I was nervous when Khloe had told me she'd told Harry about my father and I's 'relationship'. Mainly because I'd thought I'd be looked at differently, but then again, fuck it because he was definitely going to figure out sooner or later that something was up.

In all honestly, I'm surprised my roommate hadn't figured it out yet.

All but the questionable stares I get when I don't call him by his name.

For the most part, Khloe has kept me locked in this damn dorm, keeping me away from socializing because it's going to slip up sometime. I just prefer that sometime to be a later time. I just hope I remember something before then.

"Hey, Haz." Harry gave a cheeky grin and a head shake before he took another bite, glancing to Khloe who gave him a questioning look.

I must not call him that anymore?

"Haz?"

"Niall used to call me that." Harry explained, taking a sip of his coffee. Or tea. "But it's been a while."