Chapter 84

"Niall, stop!" I giggled, slapping his hand away from my hair. "Niall!" He wrapped his finger around a strand, moving it back into my face where I had once again pushed it away.

We were currently laying on my couch, my head on his lap, his hands in my hair, both laughing as he continued to put it over my eyes only for me to push it away again.

It was Thanksgiving day today, and in no longer than an hour, my family would start pouring into my house, rather loudly and hyperactive shall I say. So Niall and I were just relaxing, enjoying our time together while we could.

It had been two days since we had our argument, if you can even call it that. And since, I have to say that we've been rather close. He was still sleeping at the hotel, but I respected the idea that he wanted to give me a little space. It was good for himself too. So instead, he just stayed over until as late as possible.

Tuesday evening, when we were just laying in that bed- still a sweaty mess- there was a change between us and I could physically feel it. It was good, more connecting. I was able to talk to him and he was able to talk back, both of us simply listening to each other. There was no screaming, no yelling, no crying. We were able to hear each other out and I was able to bond with him in ways I hadn't before.

I was growing stronger by the second and that somehow seemed to reflect onto our relationship. I could feel it becoming whole again. Something I'd been missing for a while now.

It was starting to feel like the first time I'd met him, minus the disliking part. My heart would drumroll every time he talked, laughed, smiled. Butterflies would run through my stomach, and my head would feel light. His eyes made my veins ignite into thriving flames and his kisses had me going weak in the knees.

I was starting to realize something that I was so blind to because all of the disaster. I was starting to realize that I didn't just love Niall. No. I was falling completely, head -over- heels in love with him. He had me so deeply buried into his soul. I was wrapped in a twister, twirling around him. I was starting to realize that I was completely wrapped in his hair, in his breath, in his name. He was empowering me and making me fall harder and harder each day.

I was realizing that the reason I didn't want him to leave me was because I was scared of what would happen without him. My life revolved around him, and it just kept winding and winding into a tighter bind. Without him, I would be nothing. He was my glue, my rock, my solid ground. He was everything that kept me from crumbling.

And yes, that's not very healthy, but how am I supposed to control that? It scares me shitless, but it's the truth. No one will ever make me feel the way he does. No none will ever be able to take his place. No one will ever hold me like he does.

He's my diamond in this coal mine. He's my safety in this war. He's my raft in this sea of crashing waves. He's my lover in this life full of hatred. He's everything I could ever ask for and more. We've been through so much together and yes, it's been a very complicated process, but we manage. I manage. And it's because of him I do.

It's thanksgiving day and the only person that comes to mind when giving a word of thanks is Niall. He's more than I deserve and more than I could ever imagine.

"I love you so much. Ya know that?" The pit in my stomach heated like a marshmallow over a campfire when Niall looked down at me, his deep, blue eyes sparkling with a gleam in the center of his irises.

"Do you?" He was smiling, this time running his hands gently through the knotted waves.

"Yeah." I smiled back, lifting my hand to run the pad of my thumb across his lightly shaded pink cheek. Niall captured the back of my hand in his palm, still keeping it resting in it's place on the side of his face.