Chapter 53

"Niall?"

I walked out of our bedroom, looking for him. He said for me to get ready and that he had to make a call. Getting ready for me should be simple, somewhat, but since he hasn't told me where we're going, I don't know what to wear..

I really hope that it's not somewhere that costs a fortune just for two meals. 1. Because I don't want him spending the money on me. 2. I have nothing real nice to wear because I wasn't expecting to go on a real date with Niall.

I wasn't even expecting us to actually get together.

He didn't say anything, so I decided to look for him. He wasn't in the bathroom. He wasn't downstairs either.

I sighed and walked back up the stairs, still dressed in just my white robe.

Annie had gone to work, so maybe he was in her room? I quickly decided to check, couldn't hurt anything.

Now, was her room the second door, or the third?

I decided to go with my instincts, peeping into the second room. I opened the door quietly, not wanting to be loud if Niall was still on the phone.

However, the sight in front of me was the very last thing I would have ever expected.

I opened the door a little more, taking everything in. The walls were a deep, royal blue with a white bordered strip in the middle. A white, painted branch connected off the adjacent wall, filled with small, white leaves, along with light blue owls.

I walked in further, the room making my heart skip beats. It was so beautiful. By far the most beautiful room in the whole house.

Under the painted branch rested a dark, wooden infant crib. It was put together and made, a light blue, fuzzy blanket laying over the railing.

I stared up in awe, to see the name, Colton, painted on wood letters, nailed above the bed.

I ran my feet along the floor, feeling the carpet tickle between my toes. It was the only room in the house, that I think had carpet.

The closet was painted white, and across the room was a dark, wood changing area that matched the bed.

There was a rocking chair set up in the corner, accompanied by a dark wooden stand that sat next to it with a lamp on top; the lamp shade holding small blue owls and white leaves.

I took everything in, looking to the small toys that were piled next to the changing table, then the small, black and grey infant seat in the other corner.

I could feel tears prick at the corner of my eyes as my hand reached up to rest against my lips. Annie's not expecting, now. Niall said that after 'some stuff happened', she turned to reading for an escape from reality.

Annie had either a miscarriage or a still-born child.

I swallowed hard, trying not to let the tears fall. But as I looked around again, I couldn't help it. A small tear splattered against my hand, followed by another.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" Niall's voice interrupted my thoughts and I knew I was in trouble.

This was clearly the room that I was not allowed in.

I turned towards him, pulling my hand from my lips. "Niall, don't be mad!"

"Don't be mad!? I told you this room was off limits!" He started walking in, clearly being effected by the depressing aroma that was being given off as he looked around.

"Niall, please! I-I'm sorry!" I started waving my hands frantically. "I thought this was Annie's room! I got them mixed up!" My voice was panicked and I was now crying because I was very intimidated by his angry side.