Chapter 56

Ringing. There was lots of ringing.

There were blurred lights.

Little dots of bright yellow. Almost how the water looks in the sun when you go under and turn around just below the surface, looking up.

They were sprinkled like a sequenced piece of fabric.

I don't know where I was or what was happening, but I knew that I was incapable of moving.

Pound after pound, I felt like my head was going to explode from the intense pressure.

I could hear a faint beeping, but the ringing in my ears wouldn't stop.

I was growing more and more irritated by the second and the fact that my eyes wouldn't open more than this didn't help.

An intense shock of pain rolled over my whole body, striking each and every nerve.

I couldn't muster what was happening, but I know that as soon as the strangled and rushed cry left my mouth, my hearing was clear and I was sure of the giant gasp of air that I had inhaled.

"Niall! Niall, oh my god, you're okay. You're okay." I could hear a female’s voice, but that was it.

I couldn't feel as to where I was because of the pain that was too strong on the inside of my body. My limbs felt limp and numb, like little ice balls were sitting on them. Kind of how it feels when they fall asleep. My eyes could only barely open so that all I was seeing were dots of light.

I was crying internally, but I couldn't get it out. I couldn't get anything out.

I could hear her talking to me. I could hear her whispering how sorry she was. How she wishes she could have done better. My head was pounding like a hammer with her voice.

But on the outside I could hear this other women. She sounded... different, but I liked it. Her voice calmed me in a way.

I had heard it before, but I couldn't figure out where.

She was whispering things, mumbling to herself. I could faintly hear this women humming and I just wanted to open my eyes to see this mystery person, but as much as I tried, they wouldn't.

It was as if my eyelids were being weighed down by thousands of pounds of weights.

My right hand tingled more than the rest of my body, but I still couldn't move it, no matter how much I wanted.

"I don't know i-if you can hear me, Niall, but please just wake up. I need to see you. See your eyes. Know that you're okay." She whispered in her soft and calming voice.

"Please wake up!" She sounded as if she was crying or maybe wanted to cry. It physically broke my heart.

Why is this person crying over me? Who would cry over me?

"I'm right here. I can hear you." I wanted to say.

"Khloe, sweetie-" another voice came into my head but this sounded to be more of an older women.

I just wish I could open my eyes to fucking see!

"Visiting hours are over. Why don't you go home and get some rest. He'll be here in the morning." She spoke softly to the girl- Khloe?

Who will be here in the morning? Why are there visiting hours? WHAT IS GOING ON!?

"Can I talk to him for just a minute more?" The girl sniffled. I just want to open my eyes and see this girl! Why is she crying!?

"Fine. A minute more." A door slammed shut, making my head go bizarre! I wanted to cry out in pain again, but I couldn't. I physically couldn't. It was just being bottled up inside me.