Chapter 7: Why?

Samantha's POV

My mind was completely frozen out of shock. My eyes were awed in disbelief at what I saw. I was dumbfounded looking at the papers on my desk because of my absence. I haven't started what I'm going to do today. It has been two hours since we met in unexpected ways—not a good one, but kind of hurting me.

Is this love? Many questions cannot be answered. Is it necessary to be hurt again and again? Haven't I been through enough these past few days?

It's like the veins of my brain are ripped off because too many questions keep running through my mind. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about what my eye caught.

Why do I still struggle with those problems? Isn't it obvious that he doesn't care about me anymore? I'm the only one who can't accept that he left and abandoned me. Why am I the only one who is hurt and affected by the situation?

Who would have thought that this would be my day—the day of being hurt by someone I truly loved?

"Fate is so cruel to me," I whispered at the same time and furrowed my brow in confusion. Then I rested my two elbows on the table and locked my face using my bare hands.

I just want to cry here but I can't. I don't want anyone to notice that I'm having a hard time.

My thoughts shattered and brought me back to earth when someone tapped me on my back. "Sam, are you okay? We just got an announcement from our CEO; he wants us to gather in a meeting room," Olivia said to my co-worker.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said to her while standing up from my seat. I'll just get something to drink, and then I'll go there." I added.

She nodded about what I said, and then he went out and headed to the office where we were gathering.

I went to a corner where various drinks were placed inside our office.
I grabbed one cup from the holder on the small bar and then put it right in the coffee machine on the next table. After a brief seconds, my coffee was already poured into my cup, and I immediately took a sip gently.

As I left our small bar, holding a cup of coffee, a quiet room welcomed me which indicated that all my colleagues were gathered in the meeting room. Only the sound of my heels' footsteps could be heard throughout the hallway.

The coffee aroma arose, and it drilled through my nostrils. I sipped again as I headed to the office. This time, it was so flavorful on my tongue that I could taste it. The smell and taste of coffee are enough to give me energy. I'd like to have coffee because it helps me to feel better. I tasted the coffee, finding it to be a decent brew and inviting. This chocolate-flavored coffee was so good.

"Samantha!"

I lifted my head when someone yelled my name. It was Sandra's voice and her gesture that indicated that I needed to hurry up. so I sped up.

I was about to step inside when a familiar voice spoke.

"Samantha, you are two minutes late!" He spits it out with an authorized voice.

I didn't say anything but quietly went to Sandra and Olivia and stood beside them.

"I have someone to introduce to you and this is the reason why all of you are here." He started.

My co-workers started whispering, including Sandra and Olivia, while I quietly focused my attention on him and thought that the person he was with earlier might be the one he was going to introduce to us.

My heart began to beat faster at my speculation that I might be right but instead, I chose to calm down. Maybe I just being paranoid about this thing.

"Let her in." I heard him say to his assistant, Cole.

"Yes sir." He said while bowing his head to him.

The door opened, and a woman walked in with a big smile on her face. She rushed right up to Liam and gave him a bear embrace. Then Liam hugged her.

"I was right," I muttered.

My heart shattered instantly as my tears dropped down my cheeks. I can't take what I see anymore, so I just bend my head down.

"Samantha are you okay, do you know her? Olivia noticed me while Sandra looked at me with her mercy expression.

Only the two of them know that I have a secret relationship here with Liam.

"Why didn't he introduce me before like he did to that girl?" I said with my now raspy voice.

"Block your feelings first, Sam, he hasn't said who that girl is," Sandra said trying to comfort me.

"Yeah, you're right." I wiped the tears from my eyes and raised my head like I didn't hurt.

"Who is she, sir?" Someone asked. You two are so perfect to look at. She added.

Perfect to look at but not for each other. I should be the one there.

While the others are having fun and are thrilled except us. I, on the other hand, am devastated and Olivia and Sandra can feel my grief at this time. I sound like I have been punished even more for certain incidents.

They stood up properly after they hugged, they are holding each other's hand now.

I want to get out of here. I'm already tired of witnessing what he is going to say. I feel like I'm going to collapse now.

"Uhmm." He clears his throat.  "She is Celeste Garcia. My fiance and soon-to-be my wife." He enunciated.

I wanted to walk away, but my legs didn't follow what I wanted. I stood there with a huge lump in my throat and tried to hold back tears. What did I just hear? I want someone to slap me to make me believe that it was all true.