Chapter 59: Hurt

Liam's POV

Flashback*

I was almost at our house when suddenly someone called my staff.

"Sir, we have a problem." He said as he glanced at me in the view mirror

"What?" I asked.

"They said you can't go home yet, you still have some business to attend to, it's a big problem, the sales of the cars you sell are down." He explained

"Do they need me, can't they just do it alone?" I said irritably.

"Sir, I'm sorry but we really need you there and we'll go straight up there."

"Hayss, hurry up so I can get home."

I couldn't do anything but follow their orders.

"All right, sir. But don't worry we will take care and watch your family."

"All right," I said.

****

I was so focused on work that I couldn't even call Sam but it's almost over and I can go home.

I miss her and our daughter so much. I have to hurry and arrange my business so that I can go home soon.

"Does my wife miss me too?" I whispered and sighed while leaning my head in my swivel chair.

In the middle of my meditation, I received a call from my men.

"What's up?"

"Your family is fine sir."

"Thank you very much."

He just updated me of what is the status of my family and I ended the call. I'm here in my office, it's far from our house so I can't go home easily. I'm sitting on a swivel chair and I'm holding a glass full of wine.

Now I'm tired of what I've done and what I need to fix to get back to how I used to run my business properly.

I've been through a lot these past few days and I deserve a hug from my wife.

It was too late at night and I couldn't sleep. I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes the only thing I could see was my wife's face.

"Wait for me Sam it will be over soon and I will be home," I whispered.

I stood up and made my way to observe the whole place while holding a glass of wine. I stood there and drank my wine. The window in front of me is big. I'm on the top floor of this building.

The city lights below are too bright to watch. If we have time I would bring her here and I am sure she love this.

It's late at night and I still can't sleep, I'm thinking about my family now. I want to go back to them but I can't. I still have things that need to be fixed.

Since I married Samantha, my life has changed. That's why it's inevitable that some people will destroy your happy family and I will never let that happen again. I haven't heard from Celeste since I left her there in her big mansion.

Even if I see her again, I will feel hatred towards her. I thought we were okay since she talked to me, I thought she accepted it but not.

Why doesn't she just look for another man, why me when I already love someone else?

I have already a happy family but she destroys it.

I went back and sat in my swivel chair and I leaned my back and closed my eyes and I was going to sleep. When I closed my eyes, all I could see was Samantha's face. I miss her and our daughter so much.

"I hope everything is okay tomorrow," I whispered then closed my eyes.

******

Celeste POV,

"Eat that Celeste please," my brother Matty said.

We are here at our house. I just bent down and looked at the food on the table. Crying.

"Celeste, there are many other men out there who will choose you, there's nothing you can do, let them be happy." He said.

"No!" I shouted at the same time and hit the table

"What's on your mind right now why are you forcing yourself on someone who doesn't like you?!"

"No- I don't know what I'm feeling," I said while crying.

Since Liam left me at my mansion, my brother took me here. He explained to me that Liam didn't love me but I still insisted.

"Celeste, you will only be hurt by that if you don't free yourself."

"Matty, why?" I said and sat down.

"Stop your feelings for him 'cause that's the right thing to do. You can't get everything you want."

I just cried because of the stupidity of my actions. But can I blame myself, I just loved.

"I will try to stop it until it goes away,"

"Just cry until the pain will go away, it might be not now but slowly the wounds in your heart will heal," Matty said and I stood up to hug him.

"Thank you brother for being here," I said calmly.

"I can't let you like that. You're my sister and I love you so much." He said as he gently rubbed my back.

"I love you too brother."

"Go ahead and eat it and then fix yourself up and rest. I will take care of our company first. And besides, I will find you a boyfriend."

"I don't want to. I might get hurt again."

"Don't think about that."

I came to the table and started eating. Forced to swallow the food because it was difficult for me to eat it because I had no appetite.

But for my brother, I'll just eat so he doesn't worry.

My brother left in front of me and went into his room, I was alone in the kitchen and I couldn't help but think about Liam. Why do I love him so much?

Why can't it just go away so I can enjoy my life? I love him so much to the point that there is no love for myself left in me. The song 'too much love will kill you' is right.

It's slowly killing me. My heart is slowly pierced when he says that he only loves Sam.

But even though I'm hurt, I still choose him.

I'm sorry Liam if I messed up your family I just do that 'cause I love you.