Chapter 38: Forgiveness

Samantha's POV,

We entered his yard and fortunately, the guard opened the door for us without asking anything about us. Matty's house is large with a nice yard and its ambiance is lovely. We directly parked Liam's car in his yard, and I saw Matty standing from outside the yard as if he was confused as to who had come.

We stepped out of the car before locking it slowly. Our eyes met for a few seconds and I could see in his eyes that he was surprised by my arrival. I could also see that he regretted what he had done to me and he bowed down his head.

"Shall we go?" Liam said while handing his hand to me

"Yes," I replied as I held him.

When we got to him he turned away to leave and I sprinted toward him as
I was quick to hold his hand and
said, "Wait we need to talk."

"Sam, I don't seem to have anything to show you so please let me go."

"I'm not mad at you Matthew so please talk to me."

He slowly faced me and I saw how his tears were tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

"You should be mad with me and you should even put me in jail for the sin I did to you and Liam. I do not deserve forgiveness, Sam." He cried as he wiped his tears.

"But you were still important to me I know that you regret it. I understand that you just did that because of your love for me. I should be the one to say sorry to you for not reciprocating the love you give me but please forgive my heart Matt because I can't teach my heart to love you." I spoke sadly.
"You become like that because of me," I added.

He shook his head as if he didn't agree with what I was saying.

"No, I should be the one to say sorry and I know it's not enough Sam."

"I forgive you too Matt," Liam said behind us.

"Liam no, you shouldn't forgive me."
And he ended up on his knees while crying because of what Liam said.

I bent down to hug him and rubbed his back gently to comfort him.

"Don't worry Matt we forgive you despite the sin you did to us."

He didn't respond but he continued sobbing hard.

"I will never be able to forgive myself for what I did to both of you and I will regret it for the rest of my life."

"Matt," I said with a raspy voice

I feel sorry for his situation now. Liam also sat down and now we both are in front of him while he taps his shoulder.

"You should forgive yourself, Matt, I know that at first we didn't have a good relationship with each other but this is the time to move forward and move on from the past since Sam and I are getting married soon and we want everything to be okay before the wedding and we can make sure that you are okay in our relationship."
Liam enunciated.

He simply stared at us and suddenly he hugged us while saying sorry.

"We forgive you," I said.

"Thank you." His voice sounded low and somewhat raspy because of his tears.

I felt as he let out a heavy sigh and broke away from the embrace.

"I'm happy the both of you even if it still hurts I will slowly accept it —

He paused and lowered his eyes.

That we are just friends Sam. I'm happy for you Liam please love her as she deserves. Don't ever try to hurt her." He continued.

"Yeah,"

We stood up and he invited us to enter his house.

I observed his house and commented, "Your house looks so stunning, Matty."

He paused walking and facing us.

"Sam, are you sure that you forgive me?"

I nodded as I smiled at him

"How about you Liam? Did I deserve this?"

"Yeah," Liam replied.

"You deserve our forgiveness, Matty. and I pray that you find a woman to love."

"He turned away and spoke, I still don't know if I can love again." He said softly

"You can move on too Matt don't worry," Liam said comforting him.

He smiled at Liam and invited us to dinner, "So come to the kitchen and I will cook you something to eat."

"No need Matt because I need to go home early," I uttered

"Ahh okay."

"I'll just update you on our wedding, mommy is so strict she said I need to go home immediately after to visit you." I pouted

"It is okay, I'll take you outside."

When we got outside, I was shocked when he suddenly hugged me. I looked at Liam and thankfully he let Matty hug me.

"Liam, can I say to her I love you for the last time?"

"Yes,"

He still hugged me and whispered, "I love you, Sam."

I smiled and cried too. "Thank you for loving me Matt even though I didn't reciprocate it."

"Please be happy," he said.

I and Liam left. I waved my hand to say goodbye. We got into the car and felt relieved because we were finally okay and our marriage could go peacefully without any hindrance.

*********

Matthew's  POV

I was shocked when they came and I didn't expect them to forgive me despite the sin I committed against them. I don't know how I will feel now if I will be happy because after all they have still forgiven me or if it will hurt me since they are getting married.

I still love Sam very much and I don't want to find another woman because for me she is the only one, maybe next time God will have something for me —a woman I will love. A woman whom I deserve but right now I have no interest in getting to know anyone else because I am still in love with her.

Liam is lucky because Samantha chose him.  When they said they were going to get married something stabbed me in the chest and I couldn't explain the pain. I was hurt, and here I am now stunned while remembering the good past between me and Sam without Liam. I just want to go back to the happy memories of us when we were young.

Maybe I'll just accept what my fate will be. The fate that I can't own Samantha because she loves someone else and it's not me.