Chapter 23: Begging For Life

Samantha's POV,

A storm was approaching as the sky grew darker and the air became cold as the breeze hit my skin. Any minute the thunder will display electrifying lightning across the sky. The first crash of thunder echoed and banged through the surroundings. It was ready to let go of its rage and scream furiously as if it were angry at the world. Suddenly, the sky parted and an upsurge of rain fell.

The atmosphere seems alarming, as though danger could strike at any moment. I stood by the window, gazing out at the dark outside. The second thunder, was very disturbing as I heard a shot from outside and I heard more successive gunshots. I was stunned and terrified as I ran towards Liam.

Liam was also alarmed when I ran towards him I didn't see fear in his eyes but rage. His brown eyes were burning with wrath, as he got outside.

"Liam, where are you going?" Before he got out, Liam fell on the floor. A strong punch from a man wearing a masquerade hit Liam's face.

I quickly ran to Liam to help him but someone grabbed me, I struggled from the grip of a man.

Another punch in the stomach of Liam.

Liam groaned in pain.

"Please don't, who the hell are you?" I beg for him with my teary eyes.

Liam was so helpless because he was punched hard.

"Let go of me!" I shouted to the man holding me tightly from the back.

"Why does it seem no one to rescue us? Liam has a lot of personnel outside. Is everyone dead?" I tell myself.

All my efforts to free my hand from the grip of this man were nothing, I didn't have enough strength to let go. Liam was punched in the face again three consecutive times, his face was bloody and he couldn't even get up.

"That's enough!" I shouted

"Take those two to the car and tie them up." The man who wore a masquerade ordered the one who held me and someone else came in to take Liam.

They brought us to the black van and quickly tied us up. When we entered, I immediately wiped Liam's bloody face with my hand.

The roads were empty as we passed, no one was outside, and I had no one to ask for help. Thunder and lightning were crashing and roaring wildly as the rain kept falling. My heart was shattered as I looked at Liam.

A few minutes passed when the car suddenly stopped, and the door of the car swung open and the masked man appeared in front of us and when we got out of the car there was an abandoned building, they put us in there and they dropped Liam abruptly on the floor. Men with guns followed and surrounded us.

"I'll just kill the two of you 'cause I know that you can't choose me, Sam." The man spoke and I know that voice.

"Matthew, is that you?"

He removed his mask and grinned like an evil. My eyes go wide open, "Why are you doing this?" I asked.

'Cause I want to torture the guy whom you love."

"Please don't do this, you know that in the first place, I'm still in love with Liam and you can't change that."

"Yes, he was always the only one for you while I'm the one who is always there for you, but you can't reciprocate my love."

"I'm sorry, I can't teach my heart to love you," I said while bowing my head.

"If you won't be mine Sam, it's better to kill the both of you." He said laughing insanely.

"Don't do this Matt please, let me love him, aren't you the reason why we broke up?

"I only did that so I could feel that at least once you chose me. I will do everything to make you mine."

"If you love me, you will let me be happy and not like this."

"I did everything. I helped you in your career but what did you do?"

"I didn't ask you to do that for me, Matt. You are the one who wants to help me." I said with my tears falling.

"Who among you wants to die first?" Matty said as he stroked gently his gun.

"Please don't do this, I'm begging you." I plead.

"I will kill you first 'cause you're the one who ruined everything." He spoke as he aimed the gun towards at he head of Liam.

"Kill me first, 'cause I don't want to witness the death of the man I love." I hold the gun in his hand and I point it at me when I loosen my tie.

I was stunned because he laughed loudly while clapping his hand, "Wow,
humans will do anything for the one they love." He said.

***

Liam's POV,

I am hurt by what Samantha is doing, she begs Matty not to kill me. "Please stop Sam, I can't bear to see you like that begging for my life," I whispered.

"Don't worry about me, Sam, my men will soon save us,"

"Bring Sam with me and watch him carefully," Matthew commanded.

Sam struggled and shouted my name. I couldn't move my body because apart from being tied up, I didn't have the strength to take Sam from Matty's men.

"Damn it! Don't be mistaken with me, what's mine is merely mine. I can do whatever I want. Whoever wants to steal my girl will undergo the scourge I bring." I said and grumbled.

Matty stopped walking and looked at me intently. I spoke that because I felt that my men were already outside because I had a device in my shirt where they could find us.

"I will bury you for holding my girl," I added

Matty laughed loudly like crazy and spoke, " How can you do that? Look at yourself, you can't do anything 'cause you were too weak in that state."

"Watch me," I spoke with a burning look towards him. Then some shots came from outside to evoke us. Matty panicked resulted that he is going out leaving Sam and me inside.

Samantha ran towards me and immediately removed my tie.

"We need to leave here," Samantha said while helping me to stand.

We went out and Matty's face welcomed us with a scary smile, " Where are you going?" He asked while raising his eyebrow.