Chapter 30: Wake Up

Samantha's POV

The last thing I remember is that Liam and I were together and armed men arrested us. I saw the face of Matthew, one of the people who grabbed us. 

I heard a lot of gunshots in every corner. I was so scared at that time until I didn't expect something terrible to happen to me. I was shot by someone important to me because I was protecting Liam. It hurt and I couldn't take the pain so I just closed my eyes. I don't know what happened next and the last thing I heard was Liam yelling angrily at Matt. I don't know where I am but I hear many voices. I don't know who they are and they are crying. I was asleep but I heard everything.

A nightmare where the intense feeling in his eyes paired with his desire to take me back. However, if I had known all along that this was what he was doing behind those silly smiles, I wouldn't have let Liam get away from me. But the enigma remains silent if I don't give him another chance to hear Liam's words— the true and sincere he told me. So when I was struggling at night I realized that everything Liam told me was true. I decided that the only person I would trust was Liam. I saw how he beat Liam with his hand and I was hurt cause I didn't want to see Liam suffer because of me.

Flashback*

I tried to move away from the man who held me tight but my strength was not enough. I was shouting when he punched Liam's face many times in front of me. Blood splattered out on Liam's face ignoring the pain for the sake of me. Even if he was hurting, his eyes were still on me. 

Liam wants to speak, "Don't cry Sam, it hurts me more when you cry." But he has no strength, no utter it because of the pain he feels in his entire body.

The torment I've been feeling that night remains fresh in my mind. My tears poured out consecutively looking at Liam being tortured by Matthew in front of me. I pleaded with him but he didn't stop. He even decided to kill the man I loved and that was the time when my entire body felt fear and nervous. My body was trembling with fear.

I turned my head away not to see the brutal he did to Liam. My wrath at that time wanted to get out of my body so I could pour everything into him. I want to kill Matthew for making the torment he did to us.

I was shouting, crying in the middle of darkest nights with only my prayer of salvation would be heard.

Liam POV

I came back in the afternoon and I was the one who told Tita that I had to watch over Sam because they still had to take care of something.

Days passed and as usual, I was talking to Samantha even though she was not awake. I'm happy with what I'm doing, I'm talking to the person I love even though she's asleep.

It has been one month since she didn't wake up and I miss her every day even though she is just there in the bed sleeping soundly I still miss her.

My heart was sad when I went to the hospital and Samantha wasn't awake yet. It seems that my life is melancholic and I can't get out of my mind that what if she doesn't wake up, what will happen in my life? I promise that I will never fall in love with another woman because for me she is the only one.

I always talk to her whenever I'm here at the hospital. That's what I've been doing until a month has passed and until now Sam still hasn't woken up. His friends always visit her and when they visit her they catch me being here and criticize me with their eyes.

But I'm not thinking about those things because I'm thinking about Samantha waking up.

"Sam, when you wake up we will get married right away so we can start our own family and live in the house you want, the house we went to before this tragedy happened," I said as I gently rubbed his cheek using my thumb. "I want us to get married and you will be called Mrs. Archer. It's so nice when you use my last name, and I want you to be there when I come home from work and kiss me on my lips." I added.

"I wanted to marry you 'cause I love you," I said and I stood up to kiss her forehead when I returned to my seat I saw Sam's hands move. My eyes went wide open when she called my name in a low-tone voice and she slowly opened her eyes. I still didn't know what to do because of the pleasure I felt throughout my system. I quickly called the doctors to check on Sam because she had woken up and I immediately called Tita to let her know that her daughter was awake.

They quickly came to the hospital as well as Sam's friends when they found out that she had woken up. We all just looked at Samantha who was now sitting while the doctors checked on her.

When the doctors finished checking her vital signs, the doctors came to talk to Sam's parents to let them know that she was okay.

We are all happy to see her awake and I can't wait to take her to the altar. Get well soon Sam, because I'm still going to marry you.

Samantha POV,

I heard Liam's voice telling me he was going to marry me and suddenly, I opened my eyes from a very dark place to something bright and dazzling in the eye.

I saw that Liam kissed me on the forehead and when he returned to look at me he was surprised when he saw that I was awake.

He was smiling as if he couldn't explain the happiness he was feeling at this time and quickly called the doctors. I just laugh at what he does, it's good to laugh out loud but my body is still weak.

They were all smiling looking at me while the doctors checked on me to see if I was okay after I checked my parents immediately came to me first.

"Sam, I'm happy that you're awake," Mom said while in tears.

"Don't cry Mom, I am now okay."

"I thought that we would lose you." She replied.

"Your mother is too dramatic but I always pray for you to wake up, my only daughter." Said dad.

"I'm not going to die Mom because I haven't been able to give you a grandchild," and I looked at Liam who was just on the side as if he was separating himself. They just laughed because of what I said.

Cheska, Sandra, and Olivia came to me and they hugged me tightly. They were crying. I told them not to cry because I was awake and we could bond wherever we wanted.

In the middle of our fun, I noticed that Liam had disappeared in the door. I even raised my head to make sure he wasn't there anymore. Mom noticed that I was looking for someone.

"Where is Liam, mom?" I asked her.

"I don't know, maybe he was just doing something important in the office," She replied and I just smiled bitterly. So I just returned my attention to my friends and parents.