Chapter 72: Finally

Samantha's POV,

When I was sad before, Matty was just there by my side to lighten my heart and to make me happy, and now he is gone because his sister destroyed what Liam and I had.

I miss our old friendship with Matty because in these situations he was the first friend I would call but now he is gone. I wanted to call him but I didn't want to because I was also mad with him because of what his sister had done to me.

I was just in my room and locked up when suddenly my phone rang. Speaking of someone, Matty called me.

I hesitated whether to answer it, but in the end, I answered it.

"Hello Sam, can we talk?"

"If it's about your sister, please stop. I don't want to listen." I said firmly.

P"lease, Sam."

"What do you want?"

"Just talk."

"Okay,"

I met with Matty. It's nice to have someone to talk to. Maybe I won't be angry with him because he's not the one who did all this.

He took me to the restaurant and we went to town. Even though I changed my attention, I still couldn't get Liam out of my mind. Maybe if this didn't happen to us today we would be happy now but he hurt me again. I hated him for hurting me again and again.

"Sam, are you okay?" Matty said while we were in the car we had just finished eating at the restaurant.

I looked at him and smiled. "Yes, I'm okay."

"Are you mad at me too?" He asked as he drove the car back to our mansion.

"I don't know."

"Believe me I did everything to talk to my sister but she didn't listen to me, she still did what he wanted."

"I know that you did all that to avoid trouble, but your sister was stubborn and she didn't listen to you."

He nodded.

"Thank you for meeting me, I just wanted to apologize for my sister's mistake." He said while his voice was calm.

I didn't say a word anymore and silence prevailed inside his car. I looked out the side window and I took a long deep breath trying to calm and to get him out of my mind but no matter what I did he remained.

I just felt empty without him, I wanted him but the other part of me said otherwise. He cheated on me and hurt me again. I'm mad at him for hurting me over and over again but I still love him it's even worse when he's not with me. I feel like there is a part of me that is missing especially now that we are parting our ways.

I needed to be strong for myself and for our daughter, even though he is not by my side, my family and friends are here ready to help me.

The car stopped in front of our house.

"We are here," he said as he shifted his gaze toward me, I went out immediately and he followed.

"Thank you for your time Sam and I hope you and Liam are going to be okay,"

"I don't know if we will be okay again."

I was about to enter our house when he suddenly hugged me from behind.

"If you loved me, maybe you wouldn't be like this. All I know is that you will be happy with me. But don't worry, I accept that he is the one you love, but I can't help but bring back all our memories of when we were happy. Until now I still love you but it's okay though. I'm not the one you loved, I'm still praying that you and Liam will be okay again. I will pray for your happiness."

I faced him and I smiled at him. "Thank you Matty you are so important to me. Thank you for your understanding. If only your sister would have thought like this, there would have been no trouble. Thank you for being my friend Matt."

****

Matthew's POV,

I don't know why I said those things to Samantha, I told her that I still love her but I just want to say those things to her so that I'm gonna move on.

But even in that way, I felt relieved that I was able to tell her how I felt. After we talked, she immediately entered their house to rest.

And I immediately left there and I didn't show her parents anymore because I was still ashamed of what I did to Samantha before, when I shot her.

When I got to the house, I found Celeste crying and her arm had bruises, I immediately got alarmed and approached her.

"What happened to you?" I asked while full of worry.

"I went to him but he was very angry with me." She sobbed.

"What? Why did you go to him when you know that the person hates you." I said. "What is on your mind, Celeste, why do you want a man you have no hope for."

He only responded to me by crying.

"Please stop and let them be happy," I said and wrapped my arms around her.

"Why is it hard to love me?" She said.

"You are not hard to love." I said as I rubbed her back gently.

"I'm going to stop nagging him, it's tiring too. I'm gonna live my life alone. Matt please I want to go somewhere and move on and please tell them that I am sorry for what I did to them."

"Are you sure about this, are you now serious?"

"Yes, maybe it's time to choose myself.
Liam doesn't love me, I just cram myself into him. I am so stupid."

"If that's what you want I do it for you, so you need to promise me that you won't do anything bad to them again."

"Yes, I will now choose myself."

"I hope you mean what you said," I said and hugged her again.