Chapter 24: Pain

Matthew's POV,

I will stop them, I don't want them to escape and I will not let them out and they must face my wrath.

I no longer give a damn if Samantha gets upset, I don't care anymore, I am etching to kill that man so badly to the point that I want him to disappear from our lives. I'm so mad at Liam because Sam always chose him even when we were in high school.

When there was a party in our high school days I was the first to tell Sam that she would be my partner but she refused me because she wanted Liam to be her partner. That was painful for me because I was the one whom she accompanied, I've been by her side since we were kids. Even though I was too weak and skinny that day, I will still defend her from all those bullies in our school and I love her so much that I did everything to separate them even though what I was doing was wrong.

I work myself to become better until I reach where I am now. I became a billionaire so I could give Samantha everything she wanted but all of that was ignored by her because she only wanted Liam and not me.

On the days when I wanted to have lunch with her, she refused me again because Liam was there. She just threw me like a broken glass because she was with someone she just knew while I was in the corner eating alone.

Also in sports, I always the loser, and Liam always wins so Sam likes him even more. What's wrong with me why can't she choose me?

So when Liam succeeded in taking her away from me and I found out that he loved Liam and believed everything he said, I was very hurt. If only Liam hadn't come back I would have wanted to marry her. And when I rushed to them, it was as if my heart was being squeezed as Sam begged me not to kill the man he loved the most.

so I got very angry and punched Liam more in the face but when there was another disturbance outside in the abandoned building I immediately went out and realized that I had left the two behind so I quickly went back there and just as they got out I gave up them my evil smile asking them where they were going.

"Please Matt don't do this to us." She pleads.

She was holding Liam and when I tried to get near to them to take Samantha back, someone suddenly punched me and that was Liam's personnel.

Liam came to me that now he had regained his strength.

"Don't ever steal my girl!" He said emphatically so I immediately stood up and was about to punch him when the man who punched me earlier stopped me.

The chaos outside was continuing and all I could hear was gunshots.
I saw that Samantha was very scared but Liam immediately came close to her and hugged her. They were about to come out but I quickly got away from the man and fired the gun but... I didn't think she would be the one being shot.

My eyes go wide open. I trembled when I saw the blood splattered on the floor. In this situation, I felt like I couldn't forgive myself.
I didn't think that she would save Liam and she was the one being hit by a bullet.

I shot Samantha and not the man that I want to vanish from this world.

Liam shouted in anger. His eyes were so furious when he looked at me. He was panicking.

He ordered his personnel to take Samantha to the hospital, but he didn't go to take her to the hospital he came to me first with a heavy steps and burning eyes. His fists were clenched, I was still shocked and couldn't leave my position so when Liam punched me I didn't fight back I just let him to punch me. Some blood splattered from my face but I just let it go as if I didn't feel any pain in my body but the pain in my heart now. I almost died to think that I can't forgive if Sam is completely gone from my life.

"You will pay for this. I will assure you that you will be imprisoned." Liam shouted full of wrath.

"Do whatever you want because I can't forgive myself either," I said.

He dropped me harshly then walked away.

"I'm sorry my dear Samantha," I whispered and I completely closed my eyes and I don't know what happened next.

Liam's POV

After of what I've done to Matthew, I immediately rushed to the hospital.
While Samantha was hurried to the operating room, I could not stop scaring the doctors.

"Do everything to heal my dear, if you don't do it properly, your family will be ruined and you will lose your job. You will live in pain and suffering, remember that!" I said through gritted teeth.

I threatened them all, I saw their faces turn pale so Jake pulled me away.

"Sir that's enough they might not be able to do their job properly," Jake said.

Though he is right but I want to assure you that she is safe. I trembled as I looked from outside while they were now operating on Samantha.

I can't take this easy when something bad happens to her, I can't forgive that man, he will pay for everything.

I punched the white wall that caused my fist to bleed.

"Sir please calm down," Jake reprimanded me.

"How can I calm down when my loved one is about to die!" I shouted.

Why did you save me, Sam? I should be the one hit by the bullet and not you I can't forgive myself when something bad happens to you, I will marry you, please fight. I just cried because I can't help it anymore.

I don't care if they see me crying.
Samantha is my weakness, I will not allow anything bad to happen to her.