Chapter 26: Sister

Matthew's POV,

I was just foolishly thinking about the biggest sin I had committed against her while staring at the ceiling.
I don't have the face to show to her parents nor I don't have any news if she survived.

I am disgusted with myself now and I regret the sins I have done to them of how I tortured Liam in my hands using my power.

I then told him to leave Samantha if he didn't do that I would do something terrible that he didn't expect that might happen in his life, I scared him and kidnapped him once.

When he left Samantha in the dark, I was there watching them. I grinned as he did what I wanted. He loves Samantha just to protect her from all the harm I can give to them. He is too scared when his loved ones are in harm.

To be honest I can't do that to Samantha, to hurt her but he was able to break her because I started to destroy Samantha's parents' business and his business. He was very scared because he thought about what might happen to Samantha's family if he didn't continue to leave her.
But I was hurt when Samantha begged Liam not to leave her. They love each other very much.

After Liam disappeared from her sight I immediately came close to her as if I had nothing to do with what happened to them. She was even shocked when I approached her 'cause she didn't recognize me.

After a few weeks, they were supposed to meet but I kidnapped Liam to be beaten by my men. I even called Samantha using another number to make her hear Liam's groans because of pain. I'm very afraid that they will meet because Liam might tell the truth but now I don't know if Samantha will be mad at me or not when she found out now the truth but I still pray that she will survive.

Two knocks shattered my thoughts, "Come in!" I yelled at the person behind the door.

"Sir, Samantha is safe but she is in a coma for about one or two months before she wakes up."

That means she is safe, I just took a deep breath because of what I heard.

"Okay, you can go out thankyou for the info," I said and he went out.

Even if I wanted to visit there, they might just have the police to arrest me. Maybe Samantha's parents will hate me so I just chose not to go there and I will just own my regrets.

All the things I did were stupid, I didn't think about what the consequences would be as long as I got what I wanted because of my annoyance I threw all the things here in my room have calmed down immediately.

I took my phone and called Celeste. The phone rang several times before she answered it.

"Can we meet?" I said
"Where?"
"I will text you the address."

I was already at the restaurant where the address I told her. I saw her going to my place, after a while, she sat down and I immediately asked her

"Have you and Liam met?

"Yes yesterday,"

"Did you tell him we conspired?"

"No, is that the only reason why you made me to come here?"

"Yeah"

"Ok, I'm leaving,"

"Wait, I have something else to say. Don't ever tell Liam the truth."

"After I told her she left straight away.

******

Celeste's POV

How can I tell him the truth if I don't want something bad happen to you? You don't know me anymore Matthew you have forgotten your only sister.
We are siblings in the mother but not in the father. You changed. You are no longer the older brother I once knew, nor you don't even remember me.

When we were kids you told me that you would come back to me after your mission to get rich because you love someone that you want to be yours, because of that, you forgot to come back because of the girl who didn't love you. I have hatred and anger in my heart so when I found out that Samantha was alive, I was very angry.

Why hasn't she died yet? Why?

But before I totally left him, I returned to where he was sitting. He was surprised when I came back, I stood up and cleared my throat.

This is the right time for me to tell him that we are siblings.

"Don't you have a sister that you left and promised her that you will come back?"

His eyes widened and he stood up as if he was furious, "How did you know I have a sister?"

"Nothing! I'll be leaving,"

He held me tightly by the arm and looked me closely in the face.
"Don't tell me that you are my sister, celestial?"

I avoided my gaze to him and was about to leave but he tightened his grip on me.

"Tell me, are you my sister?"

"Yes, I'm the one you left before that you didn't come back to because you were busy getting rich!" I shouted, I don't care if people look at us here in the restaurant.

He cried and hugged me tightly. "You're selfish bro you didn't even think about me, you just left me with grandma."

"Believe me I came back but you're not there anymore.I looked for you but the neighbors said that you had already left. Believe me, I looked for you and I miss you so much."

I let go of his embrace and left suddenly, I am so disgusted with him.
As if I don't want to see him anymore,
it's better for me to stay away from because no one loves me and no one's need me.

I'm not happy with my life it seems, I'm not happy with my life anymore, it's better to stay away and be alone so that there's no trouble, I'll let them to have fun nor suffer.

Maybe I will come back soon if these feelings for liam will fade 'cause I know that this love will kill me.