Chapter 44: I Never Won

Matthew's POV,

Samantha and Liam in their wedding day was so happy. I can see in their eyes that they are so in love with each other and I was just there in the corner watching them as one of their guests. Samantha was so beautiful, she was so in love with Liam I couldn't stop crying that time because she had gone to someone else and I wasn't the one she married. I was crying when she walked down the aisle toward Liam. It still hurts me because she didn't choose me, I wasn't supposed to go to their wedding but they forced me so I just went, after the ceremony I went home immediately without saying goodbye to them.

I didn't go to their wedding party because it hurt me to witness her having so much fun while I was so sad.

When I got home, I immediately locked myself in the room as if someone had died. Even Celeste comforted me and she begged me to open the door but I ignored her and didn't respond to her words.

After a few minutes, he disappeared outside maybe she was too tired to force me to open the door because she thought I might do something bad to myself.

I just cried all night, call me a weak man but I couldn't stop myself from crying. Boys are vulnerable too when their loved ones don't choose them especially when they are so in love.

Now it's midnight and I still can't sleep because I'm still thinking about Sam up until now. Many months ago but I hadn't heard any news from them so I made my way to the kitchen and took wine and drank it straight away.

I even went to Celeste's room to see if she was asleep and I was right. Maybe she was tired from working in my company. It is good for her that she can handle her emotions well. I know that she is too in love with Liam but Liam also didn't choose her.

I never saw her cry, she is too strong and can handle her emotions. She is also an independent woman, even though we encountered separation
she still managed to get out of poverty. She even cares for our grandmother who has passed away.

I like the personality that she has while I am the weak one that can be easily hurt.

After I looked at her in the room I immediately went back to the kitchen, I even scrolled on social media and I saw Sam's post with his whole family with the caption 'I can't wait to see you soon our baby' and I realized that she is pregnant. I haven't opened my social media accounts for a long time because I was focusing on myself. Her belly is already big and I hurt even more when I saw her post.

I still haven't healed from all the pain, why do you have to suffer for so long before you can move on? In order not to make it obvious that I was hurt, I even reacted with heart in her post, I was going to comment to say congratulations but decided not to.

***

It's morning and I went down to the living room and saw her getting ready for her work today. My sister is a very workaholic, she takes care of my company so that it becomes more progressive. She saw me come down and she smiled at me.

"Good morning brother," She greeted me with a smile that was visible across her face. "Just have your breakfast I have already cooked." She added while fixing her watch.

"Okay, why are you so early?" I asked

"Brother I have a meeting to attend and I need to be the first one there, when you're beautiful you're always early." She joked.

I just laughed at what she said.

"Okay, brother, I'll be going now," She comes over to me and hugs me before she goes out.

"Take care of yourself." I reminded her then she just nodded.

I made my way into the kitchen and I saw something covered there so I opened it. It was true that she had already cooked and it looked so delicious so I took a fork and I tasted it.

"Uhmm..." I whine because it tastes so good.

My sister's cooking is really good, I don't know where she mastered it maybe our grandmother teaches her how to cook. I was amazed with her so I also took a plate and a spoon and sat down and started eating.

I immediately finished the food she prepared and I went back to my room again, this is the only thing I do in my life now since I stopped working at my company, all I do is eat and sleep but sometimes watch TV shows. I remember that this was one of the bonds between me and Sam when we were still in high school. We always watch romance movies and many different genres unless it is a nice movie. Before we got to their house we would buy popcorn and drinks.

When I reached eleven o'clock in the evening, I still hadn't come home, so my grandmother was picking me up with the little child, Celeste.

My grandmother even lectured me in front of Samantha that she can't sleep when we're not complete.

When my grandmother picks me up at their house, our bonding ends there, sometimes we go to school late because sometimes we finish at twelve o'clock so it's like a zombie in school and then, we're not even asleep immediately because we're still texting each other. It's nice to go back to those days.

All that just disappeared when Liam came into her life, she doesn't go with me anymore, all her attention is on Liam, so I was angry with that man. I was about to court Sam but he already did that and I just heard that they are already in a relationship.

I just realized that I was in a competition with Liam in sports, from Samantha's heart but I never won even just once.