Chapter 28: Friends

Celeste's POV

"B-bro," I said in a raspy voice. "I miss you too," I added.

"Really?" He said in excitement then he kissed me on the forehead and we walked together to his car.

" I have something to tell you," he said when we got into his car.

"I want you to be the CEO of my company because I want to rest for now, is that okay with you?"

My eyes grew in happiness then I replied, "Yes bro, I'll be happy if that happens,"

"And then where is grandma?" he suddenly asked.

I suddenly became quiet and sadness peeked through my entire system.

"Celeste, where is grandma?" He asked again but this time he raised his voice.

"She is dead." I directly said.

He just cried like he regretted everything, " I didn't even see grandma for the last time. This is all my fault!" He enunciated.

"It's not your fault."

He managed to compose myself and spoke, "We have a lot to talk about."

"Bro," I started and he looked into my eyes as if he already knew that I wanted to say something strange.

"You know Liam is only using me, right? For your desire to get Samantha."

"Yes and why do you have to accept his offer?" He said in a melancholic tone.

"Because I love him and I also told myself that maybe this is the chance to find you."

"I'm sorry Celeste, because of me our hearts hurt even more."

"Don't you want to take revenge?" I said.

"No, I regretted everything I did because I shot Sam and I don't seem to have anything to face them."

"Tsk. I am disgusted with her."

"Just be friends with her,"

"That's what I don't want to happen."

"I'm sorry brother but I'm irritated with Samantha, if she's the one you stay with, we definitely won't get along. Liam and I would have been married if you hadn't let Liam get her."

"That's enough, Celestial. I have a favor to ask you if it's okay with you."

"What is it?"

"Can you go to the hospital and be the one to ask for forgiveness for my sin?"

"What?!"

"Please?"

"Ok for one condition you will let me take revenge on them."

"No! Just don't do anything stupid."

"Okay,"

Matthew's face lighted up when I agreed but I will continue with my revenge. I don't want them to be together but for now, I will let them experience happiness. I grinned because of what I was thinking.

**********

Cheska's POV

As I rushed to the hospital when I found out something happened to my friend the unwelcoming dirt from outside blinded me as I coughed many times. I got into my car, started the engine, and drove it fast and the approaching traffic added to my annoyance this morning.

I peeked outside the back windows of my car as I placed my head on the steering wheel, waiting for the traffic to be gone.

After a long minutes, I arrived at the hospital. I hadn't seen Samantha for a long time and I missed my friend so much and now I heard that something happened to her.

​I'm standing here outside of the room where Samantha is confined, it's like I can't look at my best friend lying down in bed but I still force my feet to get in. I gulped as I pushed the door.

I saw Tita who was next to her, ''Tita," I called her.

"Just take care of my daughter, I and his father have something important to do."

"Yes, Tita,"

They immediately left and I looked at Samantha and I was gently stroking her hair.

"Wake up Sam so we can bond again, I miss you so much," I whispered. "It's been a few days since you were shot, they said it will be a long time before you wake up."

"If it's all because of Liam why this happened to you I will kick him in his balls when I see him I'm annoyed with him because he always hurts you." In the middle of my moment, two women entered Samantha's room. I was shocked because this one even shouted that you thought Samantha was lost.

"Who are they?" I whispered.

"Ahh hi, nice to meet you." Said that one wearing white long sleeves and pants that looked like she had just come from work.

"What's your name?" She added.

"I'm Cheska's best friend, Samantha," I said wearing a smile.

"Oh hello, I'm Sandra."

"And you are?" I asked the one who was quiet and his skin was white, she was also wearing pants and black long sleeves.

"I'm Olivia, also a friend of Samantha."

"Ahh, nice to meet you too," I said

"Who shot my friend?" Sandra asked me

"Matthew Sanchez but I also blame Liam because he was the one who told Tita that he would protect Samantha but he didn't," I explain.

"Why did Matthew shoot Samantha, does he like Samantha?" Sandra asked.

"That's enough Sandra, we are here to watch over Samantha."

"Okay, zip."

One is a bit silly and the other is very serious. I was quite delighted with Sandra because she is loud and not boring to be with. These two are nice, one very serious and one noisy.

The three of us were silent and only looked at the face of Samantha who was sleeping soundly.

"You know I miss Samantha so much because she's been gone for so long time," Sandra said

"Mee too," I said.

"I am happy that she is back, but this is what happened to her," Olivia said.

The three of us just took a deep breath just because of our sad thoughts.

"Wake up, Samantha, we are here waiting for you."

We were just surprised because a man entered the room with food. What will he do with the food, the patient hasn't even woken up yet. He's wearing all black clothes with a mask on his face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Then he removed his mask exposing his face and it was Liam, I want to punch him hard in his face so that he can feel my wrath but I can't do that.

He is too handsome maybe sam will scold me when she wakes up when she knows that I punched the one she loves.

"Can I," He said signaling that he want watch samantha and we go out.