Chapter 77: Court

Samantha's POV,

I walked out to get inside our house after I talked with Dad suddenly someone called me. It was Sandra and I immediately answered her call.

"Sam, what happened to you and Knight?" She said immediately after I answered her call.

"Huh nothing, why?"

"Why did he say that he wants to apologize to you because of what he did to you?" She said curiously.

I remembered what he did to me at the Christmas party, but it immediately disappeared from my mind.

"Ahh, I know it's just nothing. Please tell him that I have forgiven him."

"Are you sure? He wants to show up with you and apologize to you in person."

"Go ahead, just go with him, he might not be able to sleep because of his conscience," I said.

"Alright, I want to gossip too."

"Oh, you silly Sandra," I said.

She just laughed and immediately ended our call. Knight might regret what he did to me that's why he needs to meet me and apologize to me in person. I know that he can do that because he follows what Celeste wants. I know that he is a good man. I am not mad at him anymore, my heart only aches for what Liam did to me. He just cheated on me and hurt me again.

It's like I can't handle the pain. I always cried about how he hurt me. I hope I can easily forgive him for what he did to me, it's heavy in my heart that we are not still okay.

I wanted to spend my whole life with him but he always ended up hurting me. I know that he was sincere when he apologized to me but my heart can't do what he what to happen because it still hurts whenever I think of how he cheated on me on that day when he is not with me.

I saw that Liam was no longer outside, I entered the house and saw that Liam was there and was putting our daughter in her crib in the living room.

"Sam. Can we talk?" He said as I approached him.

"What else should we talk about?"

"I just want to make sure that you have forgiven me." He said in a sincere tone.

"I don't know," I said as I took my daughter and carried her in my arms. "I will put her next to me, I'm going to sleep now and you will be here alone. You are not allowed to sleep next to me." I said.

Even though I wanted to sleep next to him now, I forced myself not to. I saw that his face became sad because of what I said.

"It's okay, at least we're in the same house now. But I will wait for the time when you will forgive me." He said softly.

I didn't respond to what he said and I just took my daughter and went upstairs.

It's good and now that my daughter is asleep, I can rest well.

When I put my daughter in her crib.

I uttered a word, "I'm sorry, I still can't forgive your daddy because of what he did to me and that pained me."

I said as if my daughter would respond to what I was saying.

Then I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes because my body was so tired.

***

Liam's POV,

I thought Samantha and I were okay but it's still not. But it's okay as long as I'm here with them. I will just wait for the day when she will forgive me.

After we talked, I just watched her go up to her room and I couldn't do anything to talk to her because I could see the tiredness of her body right now, so I didn't force her to talk to me anymore.

I'm here now lying on the sofa and thinking as if I want to get sick again so she can be here next to me. I want to hug her. But I can't do anything but accept that we're not on the same page as of now. She is still mad at me.

I miss smelling her sweet scent, I miss my life with her. I hope she will forgive me for my sin so that I can make her feel how much I love her and I can't let her out of my life.

In the middle of my thoughts, I saw Dad come to where I was, he must have come from the kitchen and made coffee because he was carrying a mug.

I immediately got up and Dad sat next to me.

"Did you talk to my daughter again?" He asked without even looking at me

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

"She still hasn't forgiven me but I told her that I will wait for the day when she can forgive me completely."

This time Dad looked at me. " What if you court my daughter again starting tomorrow for sure she will soften her heart to you and there is a possibility that she will forgive you," Daddy said.

"That's a good idea, dad. But why are you telling me this now, aren't you mad with me?"

"I don't want you and my daughter to be okay at this time especially since it's going to be Christmas. I want you to be happy again  I don't want to see my daughter hurt and I don't want you to be separated, I don't want my granddaughter to grow up without her daddy by her side." Daddy explained.

"Dad, thank you very much, tomorrow I will do what you want to happen, I am courting your daughter again. I hope she can forgive me because I can't handle this situation."

"I'll go upstairs now and then you need to rest now." He said and tapped me on the shoulder.

I just looked at Dad going upstairs until he disappeared from my sight. I lay down again.

"I hope you can forgive me, my love," I whispered then I closed my eyes.