Chapter 9: Shot

Samantha's POV,

Why do we have to be hurt when we are in love? Why do we need to struggle? Why life seems so suck?

I ran away from my friends with teary eyes. I want to stay away from all these, but why are our paths still crossing? With my blurry sight, I bumped into a muscular man. I raised my head to see who it was, and it was Matty. He saw me with my teary eyes, and his face immediately showed concern.

"Sam, what happened?" He asked hurriedly.

"I saw him," I replied.

"Is it Liam? What did he do to you?"

"None," I responded and moved on to run.

"Sam, where are you going, come back here!" Matty shouted.

**********

I'm at the resto-bar drowning myself in alcohol. I took multiple shots that I ordered from the bartender. I don't care if anything happens to me here, all I want is to pour out myself to vanish the pain. I wanted to be alone so I didn't let my friends follow me.

I sit on one of the stools right in front of the woody bar facing the bartender who is busy making a drink for some other customer. I got my another drink from the bartender and I swallowed it in one go ignoring the bitter taste of the wine.

"How long will it end?" I uttered hoarsely as I took the glass in my hand.

"Need to talk?" Someone interrupted me and I didn't even care to look who it was.

"I don't need anyone to talk to," I replied coldly.

I felt a little nudging at my shoulder that made me take a glance at the guy who spoke.

"What?" I replied irritably.

"Can I join you for a drink?"

"Tsk. I wanted to be alone." I replied with a disagreement. "You should go to another table and find another girl," I added.

"But I want you." He replied as he pulled my arms into his grip.

"LET ME GO!" I yelled as I pulled back my arms. The other customers are already looking at us.

I directly shift my gaze to the woody bar trying to calm down 'cause I feel nervous with this strange guy who wanted to join me for a drink. When I sat he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and made my eyes open wide.

A strong punch landed on the face of the guy who harassed me. My jaw dropped in an instant when he fell on the floor with blood in his mouth.

"Don't you ever hold my girl that way!" Matty shouted with rage.

"How did he get here?" I murmured to myself.

"Let's go, Sam." He said in an irritation then abruptly pulled my hand into his bare hand.

We got straight away outside from there and we left the strange man with his bloody mouth.

****

"Wear your safety belt."  I was taken aback by what he said. It was like the events happened in an instant, and didn't realize that I was already here inside his car.

"How did you know that I was there?" I asked while wearing the seat belt.

He started the engine without answering my question.

"Matty?"

He shifted his head into me devoiding any expression written on his face, he just stared at me blankly.

I waited for his answer but there was none he just concentrated on driving again.

"Am I like a dust to him so he didn't answer me? Why is he quiet, is he still angry? and why would he be angry?" Stop it Sam you should say something to him that he will answer.

"Where are we going?" I asked one more question to break the silence between us.

"At my office, I'll just get something there. I completed my sentence 'cause I know you will ask again what we will do there." He said consecutively.

"Luhh! But I don't care." I replied while rolling my eyes. He laughed secretly about my behavior.

Our ride was quiet until to his office building. We directly went to the parking lot to park his car, when we got outside, I saw Liam almost entering his car but when he saw me he stopped there.

He saw Matty was with me and he seemed to be showing some emotion that I couldn't comprehend. It seems like they know each other which reveals a grudge against Matty.

Liam made a step towards us. He eyed me like I was the most precious thing he had ever seen in his entire life then a glimpse of hope bloomed inside of me like flowers being gently sprinkled with water that could ignite my entire system.

He is still handsome with his messy hair pairing with a white polo long sleeve tucked in black pants. I just looked at him blankly yet my heart raced like a horse running in the field.

"Sam let's go." Matty shattered my thoughts.

"Sam, can we talk?" Liam said in a calming voice when he reached us.

"Oh sure— she didn't want to talk with you." Matty cut me off and made me stifle to him.

"Wait Matty, I want to talk to him can you please understand that?"

"Sam you want to talk with this guy who broke you and left you amidst the pouring rain. How come you do these things despite all those things he had done to you?" Matty said impatiently.

"Please I want this thing clears out. This is the only way for us to make things clear." I uttered in a pleading voice to Matty.

"If your mate doesn't want us to talk maybe in another day. I understand his viewpoint." Liam said

I shifted my gaze to Liam then he  stepped closer to me until his warm breath fell in the crook of my neck, saying " If you don't mind, I'll text you later."

"That's enough, let's go, Sam!" Matty ordered.

I can't do anything but follow what they wanted to happen. Matty held my hand tightly and we together entered the elevator.