Chapter 8: Agony

Samantha's POV

The words he said rang in my ears. I feel like I'm going to lose energy and just want to disappear for a while.
I wanted to ask him if what he was saying was true but I chose to remain silent and bear the pain.

"Mr. Archer, can we go out first?" Olivia asked in a modulated voice.

"Don't be rude, I haven't been dismissed yet!" He muttered strictly.

Olivia looks at us disappointed.

"Babe, it's okay, let them out first." Said by his fiancee, Celeste. Her voice was soft and pleasant.

The pair of those brown eyes stared at me. There are mixed emotions inside that I don't even comprehend.

"Okay, you can go out, and who are you going out with?" He asked

"Sandra and Samantha sir," Olivia said directly.

"Why the three of you want to go out?" He added with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Babe, why are you even asking them? They are just your employees."

"That girl is overreacting. Can I hit her? So she will keep her mouth shut." Said Sandra who was irritated by that girl.

"She's not the one talking duh!! Intruder." Sandra added while rolling her eyes at us.

"What did you just say?" Celeste asked with an unkind look on her face.

"None of your business ma'am-." Olivia cut her off but then she replied sarcastically with a fake smile.

"Sandra stop that nonsense, let's just help Sam so we can get out of here," Olivia said in a low-pitched voice.

"Sam let's go?" She added.

"Ye-yeah." I stuttered.

They helped me walk because I was stiff on my stand and couldn't step on my two feet.

"Cheer up Samantha, don't be too emotional, they're not married yet but you've already felt a lot of pain." I comforted myself to diminish the pain even just a little.

"Bye-bye." We heard Celeste say goodbye, which seems cocky.

The three of us looked at each other before going out; we just ignored her and headed straight to the door where we would go out.  I didn't look back at Liam.

for what else?

"I get irritated at her behavior, she looks like a stupid brat. I don't like that girl, she's too irritating." Sandra commented after we left the office.

"Don't pay attention to her Sandra, let's think of something that can ease Samantha's mood now," Olivia said while tapping my back.

"Thanks for the both of you, I appreciate your presence like this on my bad days," I uttered hoarsely while my eyes seemed to drop a single tear.

"It's a good thing that our other colleagues didn't notice the situation earlier, 'cause I'm sure the next day we will be in the gossip news," Sandra said while chuckling.

Oh gosh, Sandra! Did you even notice that too?" Olivia reacted while massaging her forehead because of Sandra's silliness.

I just chuckled because of them.

"Oyyyy... you're just making a small laugh." Sandra pointed to me and teased me while pressing between my curves.

And we laughed in the middle of the hallway filling every corner we passed. But all of that was disrupted immediately when our eyes caught the two creatures kissing, entering the elevator.

"Thirsty for a kiss, huh? Even here in his building, he can't control his lechery." Sandra said full of rage.

"You're a f*cking wh*re b*tch!"She added then she rushed headed to the two who were still busy kissing each other's mouths.

"Sandra, what will you do?" Olivia shouted as she followed her, and I didn't even know what to do; my brain still couldn't digest all the events. Reality hit me so hard.

Sandra stopped the elevator door from closing when she grabbed Celeste's hair.

"Ahh..!" Celeste yelled in pain.

"I am itching to slap you bastarda!" A strong slap landed on Celeste's face. Our eyes widened as our mouths hung open in surprise, leaving us in disbelief at what Sandra had done.

Sandra was temporarily stunned as she looked at her hand that landed on Celeste's face.

Liam rescued Celeste from the hand of my friend Sandra but it was too late 'cause she was slapped. Then he abruptly grabbed Celeste's hand to enter the elevator.

"You will pay for this!" He uttered, anger was visible on his face.

Then the elevator's door nearly closed when I got close to them. I even saw Celeste holding her face because of the physical pain she felt.

She was about to cry when Liam buried her face in his broad chest. Stroking her back gently, he tried to make her pain go away. He comforted her without thinking twice that I might be hurt by how he acted. He doesn't care about me anymore.

"She's lucky," I said bitterly as the elevator door closed at the same time my body fell to the floor.

"Samantha!" I heard them screaming my name because of despair.

My eyes were open, and I didn't lose consciousness. I just looked up and felt the empty void in my heart. All the tears that I had been holding back fell completely.

They came to me and lifted me with their hands and hugged me tightly.

"Just pour it out, Sam. We're here, we won't leave you until you feel better.

I don't know which of them owns that voice; my hearing is too dim. My whole system became so heavy. I suffered a lot of agony that day. It hurt more than when we broke up.

I stood up even though my vision was blurry. I confronted them, "Give me your car key, Sandra." I said it full of courage, without eye contact, just a straight look I threw between them.

"Where are you going?" She asked. "You are no longer involved in whatever I do now," I said as my voice became deep while keeping my gaze straight.

"But Sam, your body is still incapable, you can't drive on your own; I will drive for you," She demanded

"NO YOU STAY HERE WITH OLIVIA," I spoke as I emphasized my word. " Besides, I can if I want to," I replied without showing any emotion. I gave Sandra's face a cold look as I fixed my gaze on her.

"Will you lend or not?" She is in doubt whether to give it to me or not.

I waited for her to hand me her key, but there was none.

"Just give me your damn key!" I shouted at her as I lost my control.

"Sam please stop this, your anger will do nothing," Olivia spoke in a pleading voice as her eyes darkened in sadness.

Sandra took one of my hands and put the key there. Olivia couldn't do anything so she just looked at us worriedly.

I turned my back on them, then fixed and adjusted myself. I faced them again and spoke, "I'll take back what's mine. I'm not pathetic, and don't pity me." I said fearless.

What will you do Sam? They asked worriedly.

"I will go to the place where I will drown myself," I replied sluggishly. "Don't ever try to follow me, I'm warning you both," I added as I left that place full of heaviness in my chest.