Chapter 11: Waiting

I curled my fist because of nervousness that he might not come. Anxious crept all over my body while patiently waiting for him. It has been three hours since he failed to show up at the time we had agreed upon while I was waiting outside our mansion for his car to arrive.

My neck felt pain because it had been raised for an hour. I look like a dog waiting for its owner to come home. My eyes kept looking around because I couldn't rest at the thought that something might have happened to him, that's why he's still not here.

"Where are you?" I whispered as I was about to cry. Tears started to rush up in the corner of my eyelids. I looked up to hold back the forming tears 'cause I didn't want to be emotional tonight, I'd been preparing for this night, and I don't want to cry just because he didn't come as early as I expected.

"I will wait; maybe he was just doing something important at their company, which is why he's late," I said comforting myself.

I remembered the person who called me earlier, I hope he wasn't the one I heard screaming in pain. My chest trembled even more as if it was going to blow up because of the excessive force heartbeat that I felt leading to discomfort and my body tugged massively that worriedness lurking all over my body.

The air is getting cold outside, and the night is gradually getting darker. I decided to sit in one of our chairs lined up on the side of our path to the mansion while waiting for him. I stretch my pale, thin legs (not so thin) as a result of soreness in my feet from standing. I felt uneasy as the breeze turned to glacial cold, shivering and rubbing myself, hugging my arms with my hands crossed.

The quiet evening roamed all over our mansion. I took a long, deep breath to calm myself, ignoring the glimpse of pain that was eager to appear in my heart.

Another hour passed, but he still wasn't there. I viewed the main entrance, but even the sound of his car was not there.

I snapped back from my thoughts when someone sat next to me, putting a jacket on my shoulder.

I looked at it quickly, hoping that it was him and that he might pass behind to surprise me, but my sweet smile disappeared and was replaced by a bitter smile when I saw my dad with his mercy look plastered on his handsome face.

He must have sensed my feelings right now, so he didn't say anything and just told me to come in.

I just nodded in my response to my dad, and we both entered the mansion.

I sat down on our sofa straight away with this heavy look. My mom sat beside me with pity in her eyes.

"He didn't even come at the time we talked about." I sadly said.

"It's okay my dear maybe there is an emergency that's why he didn't come." My mom said in a soft voice. Comforting my feelings right now.

That was what I said earlier to lighten my emotions but he never came. I just stared at my mom as my response and hugged her tightly then she gave me her motherly embrace while forming a circle on my back using his bare hands.

"Our unca hija Theoder is already hurting, she's grown up." Mom mischievously said to my dad.

I moved away from the hug and frowned. Dad just responded a laughed looking at us.
Even though the man I love didn't arrive, my family is here to ease my feelings. I am so lucky that I have a family who are always there for me.

We just laughed for a while but it quickly changed when I looked at the maids removing the food on the table.

"Mom," I uttered under my breath.

"Hmm?"

"Why was the food on the table removed? I asked.

She only gave me her bitter smile and cupped my face for a second. "Mom I'm sorry, the food you cooked wasted," I uttered while bowing my head because of guilt.

"Don't worry my princess, it can still be eaten tomorrow, it hasn't been touched." She said giving me a reassuring smile.

I smiled bitterly while thinking about the efforts that my mother had made. All the food has turned cold like the weather outside. The food we prepared by the time he arrived was already cold. I felt ashamed of my mom who cooked everything just for the sake of this f*cking night.

"I will help the maids." My mom spoke while patting my head. "Just call me when you need something," She added.

"I love you, Mom," I barely said with a hushed tone. She smiled as she nodded then walked away.

My father headed over to me and said, " You must sleep Sam, don't worry so much about Liam He is a masculine guy he can defend himself if there's something bad happen to him."

"Dad, do you know about everything between me and Liam?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're Mommy told me and I'm not mad at Liam." He uttered calmly.

"Why Dad?" I asked as I wiped the tears left on my face earlier.

"I don't know maybe he has reason. I can only tell you, my dear Princess, that, don't be too emotional, you will lose your loveliness." Dad said while exposing his handsome smile.

"Wait, why didn't they call me when you came, Dad?"

"I didn't call you because your Mom said, you were busy preparing yourself."

I frowned.

"Go up in stairs, you must rest to regain your energy. You have work tomorrow right?"

I rise from my seat as well as Dad. "Good night Dad and I missed you so much," I said and kissed his cheek. He did the same thing and then kissed my forehead.

I was about to step up the stairs when unexpectedly I heard a doorbell and it immediately occurred to me that it might be him. I didn't waste any seconds and quickly ran to the door

Without the hesitation to open it, even if I am not so sure if it was him. Still, I abruptly opened it with all my might.

"You're here!" I said with my smile well on displayed and extended my arms open wide.

The person with his broad back turned to me and showed his awful smile which made me daunted.

"Whe --- where is Liam?"