Chapter 12: Chase

I stuttered I didn't think to ask about him but I uttered it instantly.

"Sam, who's that?" Daddy asked when he noticed my alarming reaction.

I swerved my gaze to my Dad and said, "I don't know Dad,"

I looked again at the person I encountered, but he was no longer in front of me, I only saw a piece of paper and picked it up.

"Where is the person you are talking to, Sam?"

"Gone. Only this paper he left."

"Look at it maybe there is something written."

I hope you forgive me, Sam, I'm sorry.
- Liam

"It's from Liam, Dad."

"What does he mean by this?" I whispered.

"Can I see?"

I handed the paper to him and he read it.

"Sam, I feel that there is something wrong with this. Didn't you ask him what you were going to talk about?"

"No, whereas Matty is there when he wants to talk to me. Regardless Matty is infuriated with Liam since he doesn't want me to be hurt by Liam through his words so we just left. I want to talk to him about our relationship to end it all, but Matty doesn't want to." I consecutively elucidated.

Daddy just nodded at what I said with a glimpse of doubt and said, "Sam, you should rest. Ask Liam tomorrow what went on about him."

"Okay Dad, I'll do that."

"But, don't let Matty know that you will meet him."

"Yeah."

Daddy closed the door and sent me straight to my room. I lay on my bed with so much confusion in my head that kept running. I don't even know what's happening in my life. All I want is Liam, is it bad to be happy with the person you love? Why it seems that the world can't give it to me? This life gives me so much nuisance.

I calmed myself down and closed my eyes. I endeavor to forget what was happening tonight.

*********

It's early in the morning and I'm already here at the office, I meant to come here early so I could talk to him.

I'm waiting for his arrival. Why am I always waiting for him? Will I wait again for nothing?

I looked at my watch many times and another hour passed and he still wasn't there. Here in the lobby walking and feeling uneasy.

I felt exhausted so I decided to go to my office to do important things. I took my bag that I put on a table then I heard his voice calling my name.

"Sam?" His voice soothes my ear.

I slowly adjusted my gaze to him and I saw his face covered in bruises. I
I didn't know what I was doing until I realized that I was in front of him.

What happens to you? Is this the reason why you can't come last night?

"Yeah, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, who did that?"

"It's not important, you go to the office now and do your work."

I didn't say anything but I suddenly hugged him.

I felt him shunning from my embrace
so I just pulled away from him and looked him in the eye and asked, "What happened to you, why do you have a wound, I feel like something is wrong, is that you I heard last night on the phone screaming in pain, please let me know I don't want to see you hurt and if I'm the reason for that I'll walk away." I force a word through my weak voice that carries pain that I try to hide from him.

He just stared at me for a second and he walked away without giving me a word.

I heard people gossiping about him and he stopped in front of them and said, " Just f"cking mind on your own business! He said angrily.

He continued walking until he was out of my sight.

*******

Liam's POV

Terrified when I decided to leave Samantha. Her face revealed shock, and the pain in her eyes appeared in an instant. I looked at her coldly as if I didn't care that she hurt, but the truth is, I wanted to hug her tight and apologize for what I'd said. However, I preferred to look like nothing and left her suddenly so that I wouldn't see her hurt by what I said.

That was the night when I left Samantha in the middle of nowhere. Earlier in our conversation, I also left her without answering her questions. When he hugged me, I wanted to hug her back and say I miss her so much.

But all I could do was to stand there and start at her blankly without blinking my two eyes then walk away.

I feel that she is hurting too much because of what I am doing. I'm too cowardly to fight for our relationship but I also don't want anything bad to happen to her, I can't handle that, so I chose the stupid situation where it's better for her.

I went straight to my office full of despair and wrath towards the people who rendered all this.

I saw Celeste coming where I was and she sat on my table and kissed me then I kissed her back.

I thought that she was Sam but it wasn't really, Sam was different from the other girls I met so I avoided it harshly which made her shocked.

"Why?" She asked

"Just stop the f*ck up can you just stay away from me before my entire system got dark?" I said through gritted teeth. "Out," I declared to her while pointing to the door.

"Liam, I'm your fiance."

"Stop the drama, you know the reason, I don't love you so you must go away!" I said full of wrath.

She ran and slammed the door.

I face the transparent big window inside my office where the other building can be seen from here. I took a long deep breath and whispered, " Sorry for causing you pain, Samantha..."

Then a drop of single tear escaped from my eyes.