Chapter 10: Hope Bloomed

Samantha's POV

I woke up to the sound of my cell phone indicating that I had received a text. I pick it up hurriedly 'cause maybe it's important associated with my work.

When I opened it, it was only a number that I didn't figure out who owned this but then I directly read the message.

: I will come to you at night by 9 pm at your house. We need to talk, Sam this is very important for both of us. Hope you will agree.

I remembered that he wanted to talk to me. So I responded to it yes.

I got up and told the maids to prepare food for tonight, but Mommy interfered with me, "What are the foods for?" She asked.

"Mom Liam will come here," I said excitedly. "Oww, so you two are being together again?"

"Nope, Mom, he said that he had something important to tell me. I'm bewildered about it's not important but more significantly that he will come." I replied as if I didn't have all the pain he had in my heart, yet I was glad that he would come here but then it was immediately replaced by a wry smile.

Mom came to me because she noticed that my face suddenly became unfortunate. " My dear princess, if that thing will make you happy, I will not be against him coming here as long as you won't be hurt again, and besides, whatever you talk about, I hope it will be good for both of you." She said with a polite smile. "If that man hurts you again, don't he make the mistake of stepping into our home!" She added with an implied menace that was visible in her voice.

"What will you do?" I asked. "Nothing, I just say that without any meaning of it. What I'm trying to say is that I'm always here and I will always love you." She spoke with the most purest eyes I've ever seen.

"I love you too Mom," I said and hugged her.

"I almost forgot that I have good news for you." Said Mom unexpectedly letting off the hug.

"What is it, Mom?"

"Your daddy is coming home," She excitedly announced.

"Really?"

She nodded with a big smile on her face. "It was just right that you had the maids prepare the food." She said while clapping her hands, and added. "Okay, I will help the maids prepare food for your daddy and Liam.

"Go Mom make the food delicious."

" Yeah for them," she said and winked her eye.

I remember when I was a kid they left me with the maids but they made me understand why they are not always at home because they have work to do. Mommy only goes with Dad when they have something important to do about business and it's double purposes so they can both enjoy themselves while running our business. They are together to fulfill their dreams. After that, Mom also goes home right away because she wants to watch over me herself.

I am lucky to have them as my parents 'cause they did not fail to take care of me. Daddy always makes a phone call to check if I am okay.

Mommy missed Daddy so much now since they haven't been together for a long time. She longed for Daddy's presence I can say that they love each other so much. Daddy never failed to give time to his family, especially to my Mom.

*******

The day ended with all I did was prepare for his arrival. I helped the maids to clean the house- all around. I am a Jones but I can do all the chores in the house. We are rich but I still do housework. I grew up in a luxurious life yet I still do those things, that's what Mother Felicidad taught me -she was our first maid for a long time she is about 60 years old. She's the one who watches over me when my parents are away.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality, "Come in," I yelled at the person behind the door.

"Sam here's the dress that you are asking me to find." Speaking of Mother Felicidad she came to me with his hand unfurled with my dress.

I smiled at her and took the dress. I looked at it so amazed because I just saw it again. It is my favorite dress since my parents gave it to me as their gift

I am the kind of girl who when someone gives me something, will keep it. I appreciate things when someone gives to me and I treasure them like a diamond even if it is a small thing.

"You took care of it, Mother Felicidad?" I said while abruptly hugging her because of happiness.

"Yes, because I know that, that dress is very important to you." She spoke with a gentle voice.

"Thank you."

"Ahh wait let me wear it," I added.

She nodded at what I said and waited for me.

***
I went out of the dressing room and showed her the dress I was wearing now.

"Here, does it suit me?"

"Wow, Sam you look so stunning, for sure Liam would fall in love with you again." Mother Felicidad said with so much amazement in her eyes.

I just smiled at what she said. " What time is it?"

She looked at her wristwatch and said, " It's 6:30 pm, get ready Sam you should be beautiful tonight." She said.

I nodded and hugged her tightly and she hugged back too.

"I'm going out," She informed me and left my room.

I looked in the mirror and and I looked closely at my face, I gently held it and I guess I was too stressed because of what I'd been going through in the past few days. I sat down and started getting ready, I put foundations on different parts of my face.  I was only doing a light make but of course, bringing the beauty was crushed by sadness.

In the middle of what I was doing my phone rang which made me startled, and the brush I held fell. I quickly picked it up then took my phone straight away which was just on my table

I tap the answer button, " Hello, who's this?"

"Hi Sam," An unfamiliar voice spoke the other line.

"I just want you to hear this."

Laughter and the scream of a man who seemed to be in pain were what I heard on the other line.

Who are you and what do you need?! I shouted to the man I spoke with, because of the creep I felt all over my body.

:Hahaha!!

The call ended in an instant that brought me fear and dread that made my eyes go wide open due to the horrible things I'd heard.