Chapter 29: Accepting

Cheska's POV

We went out to Samantha's private room and let Liam take care of my best friend. We passed through the hallway, together with the people scattered there.

"Are you going home?" I asked them.

"Yeah," Sandra said.

"Okay, bye," I said and went out to my car. I curled my fist because of irritation, that shouldn't have happened to my best friend, she is a good person who wanted nothing but to be happy. I was trying to manage myself and I saw my reflection in the glass window of my car. I realized that being annoyed is not my thing. If Samantha would wake up I would steal her from Liam.

Liam's POV

I know in their faces that they had a hatred against me. I can see it in their eyes when I remove the mask and completely expose my face. Luckily, they agree that I want to make time with Samantha even if she doesn't wake up.

I started talking to her, everything that I wanted to say, the doctors told me that we needed to talk to her even though she was in this state 'cause it would help her. I stood up from the chair and partially covered the blinding light from the window with the curtain. I went back to the bed and gently stroked her hair.

I always pray that she wakes up and apologizes to her for not protecting her instead she even protected me from death. I owe my life to you Sam, when you wake up let me make you happy and I will protect you so that even Matthew's finger can't touch you anymore.

The door opened causing my head to turn around. Samantha's mommy came in and her tired face turned to anger when she saw that I was next to Samantha. She directly sat on the sofa and sighed. She ignored me but the deep in me wanted to talk to her and apologize to her again but I know it will only make the situation worse so I prefer to keep quiet.

I know Samantha's mommy is still very mad with me for not protecting her daughter. If I had done what tita said, this would not have happened, she would not have been in danger.

I cleared my throat before starting a conversation with Tita, "Tita please let me watch Samantha tonight, I know that you are tired, please let me."

"I am not tired and I can take care of my daughter without your help, but if that's what you want I'll let you."

I smiled in happiness at what she said and thanked her.

"I'll go home and rest you must take care of my daughter."

"Okay tita," I said

"I will be back tomorrow morning." She said and took her things that were on the table. She looked me in the eye as if to say that if something else happens to my daughter again I will never forgive you.

I tried to swallow the nervousness that was blocking my throat. "I will take care of your daughter, tita. She nodded and left. If it's possible for me not to come home to watch over you all night, I'll do that. Even if my body is tired, it's okay as long as I can be with you even when you're asleep.

I will never get tired of looking at her angelic face, her beautiful lips, and everything about her. I love this girl in front of me. "Please wake up so I can marry you as soon as possible," I whispered and I completely closed my eyes to sleep, holding her hand.

***********

It's morning and I wake up late I'm shocked and directly rub my eyes to make sure that Samantha is still next to me.

And thankfully she was still next to me.

"You seem very shocked, why?"

"Ahh tita,"

Tita is already here so I stand up and drink water.

"You can go home." She said and I turned my head to her. "It's okay, tita. I'll stay here."

Please give us some space for our family." I was stunned by what she said. I just got back to the hospital but she didn't want me to stay here for a long time.

"Put your work first in your company, we will take care of our daughter. You better not to come here because it will only interfere with your work."

I gulped at what she said, I couldn't believe that she said those things to me. She treated me differently and I hope I can return our old relationship so that there will be no hindrance to our wedding.

"No tita it's okay, I'll just come back here no matter what happen."

I was about to leave when someone suddenly entered Sam's room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a firm voice.

"I didn't come here to make trouble, I want to ask for forgiveness for what I did to you, Liam."

"Who is that Liam?" Tita asked.

"A friend."

"I'll be going now Tita."

Tita just nodded and I took Celeste outside.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came here to say that I won't bother you anymore and I accept that I'm not the one you love."

"It's good that you accept the truth."

"Yeah and please be happy." She said.

"Goodbye, Celeste."

"May I ask you one favor?

"What it is?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"I'm sorry but only a hug I can give you." I said

"Okay, I understand, goodbye Liam.

"Bye." I hugged her and thanked her and left immediately wearing a smile.

It was like a thorn was pulled out of my heart by what she said. I finally feel better because I heard that Celeste is accepting the truth. After I got out of the hospital, I stood up first and let my skin hit the brightest morning, it seemed like the world agreed with my happiness. I can get married to Samantha without thinking about the possible hindrance, this will be the happiness that I hope will happen in my life with Samantha.