Chapter 34: Misunderstanding

Liam's POV,

I received a phone call from Tita and I don't know why she told me to come tomorrow to their house. I'm outdoors breathing the fresh air, and I can't stop thinking about Sam about the damage I did to her earlier. I know I wounded her too much. I realized what Nanny had told me, and now I don't know what to do

"Should I fight for her?" I asked myself.

I realized that Sam deserves to be happy so I mustered up the courage to call her again hoping she would answer.

Her phone was ringing and she must be crying now.

Her phone kept on ringing, but she did not pick it up. I called her again many times, and finally, she picked up.

"Sam please give me another chance, can we talk," I said directly as she picked up her phone.

"For what? You already told me that you don't love me right?" the tone of her speech was mad.

"Please meet me, I just want to tell you the truth." I pleads. "Just go out of your house I'm heading there right now.  Please I can't sleep when you're like this I know I hurt you." I added.

"Okay, I'll wait for you, this is the last chance, if you hurt me again, you'll never see me even my shadow. Remember that." She said firmly.

"I understand, I'm sorry," I said then she ended the call.

**********

I'm already here outside Sam's house, and I haven't gotten out of the car yet. I waited for her to come out and I texted her that I was here.

After a while the gate opened and it spat out Sam and I could see that her eyes were puffy.

I immediately got out of the car and sprinted towards her.

I knelt in front of him and said, "I'm sorry Sam for what I did to you. Believe me, it's not true that I don't love you because the truth is I love you so much." I spoke while sobbing.
"I love you so much and I have a reason why I did that. Just Let me explain." I added.

"Enough Liam I'm already tired!" She said raising her voice to me. "What reason? That Matt does do this again?"

"Sam, please listen to me first. I'm sorry, but I can't lose you."

"Go ahead, tell me, I'll listen and explain to me why you told me those things. I'm so hurt when you said that you don't even love me." We cried while I was still kneeling in front of her and hugging her waist.

"Because your Mom and I have an agreement because she blamed me for the tragedy that happened to you. If I don't stay away from you, she will hate me for the rest of her life. I didn't want to tell you this since I don't want you to fight with your mom but I really can't, I don't want to lose you again,"

"Is that the real reason?"

"Yes,"

"Or you're just doing that so Mom and I will fight."

"No, what I'm telling the truth. Sam, please believe me."

I hope she listens to my pleas. I was crying and so was she. We cried as if we were about to run out of breath.

"He is telling the truth, Sam." Tito Theodor came out from their gate, we were on the road now, and even though the wind was cold, we cried.

"Why Dad?"

"Because your mom was worried about you so she was angry with Liam, Liam is very kind and can follow your mom's wishes even if it hurts him." He explained.

"That's why you stay away from me?" She gazes at me.

"Yes and I endured the five days of not being able to go to you, it's like I suffered for a year without seeing you so I just drowned myself in alcohol. I did that to stay away from you because if I don't do that your mom will never forgive me. I'm sorry, I have sacrificed a lot in our relationship, why is it still not over now, all I want is to love you, is that wrong?" I said as I cried since the pain and the burden I felt was too heavy.

"Stop crying, I will now talk to my mom about this and when you told me that you would marry me, is that true?"

"Yes, Sam, that was all true you are the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life no one else I wanted to marry but you, and I wanted to stay with you forever."

"Me too," She said.

************

Samantha's POV

Liam went home and we were okay, Dad and I went in and I was surprised when Mom was standing at the door, she was waiting for us.

My mouth couldn't stop and I directly scolded her for everything.

"Why did you do that to Liam?" I immediately asked when I got home she didn't say anything but just looked at me.

"Why are you keeping him away from me? Why is he the one you blame for shooting me? Why is that not fair Mom he trying to save me and to save us he almost sacrificed everything just for the sake of us," I asked consecutively.

"Why does he need to sacrifice for us?" Mom asked.

"Matthew is to blame for everything, Liam sacrificed our relationship so that our business wouldn't collapse. Matthew told him that he would do something to us if he didn't break up with me that was Liam's reason why he left me,"

"Amelia your daughter is telling the truth, I didn't tell you that our business almost collapsed because I didn't want you to worry and I didn't know in those days why our business almost collapsed when everything was okay. So now I know why that happened Matthew did it and when Sam was talking to someone on the phone when they were supposed to meet here at home we felt something unpleasant." Dad said through gritted teeth.

"Yes that's true I heard a voice groaning because of the pain and I didn't know it was Liam after that, I saw Liam in the company with a lot of bruises so I doubted that it might be him," I said. "Liam told me everything when we were together, so please forgive him, he is innocent and all he can give me is love and sacrifice so that I don't get into hardship," I added

If Liam doesn't do everything that Matthew made him do, he will do whatever he wants, Liam chose to stay away from me and now I know that you also did that to Liam why he didn't show up to me 'cause you told him not to?" I said to my Mom while sobbing. "All I want is to get married and live happily, is that hard to give?"

"That's what I was going to say to him tomorrow but it seems like it can't wait i want to apologize to Liam for what I did. My princess, I didn't know that Liam suffered too much just to protect us." She said in a sad tone.

"That's why you should apologize to Liam, don't you want me to be happy with the person I love?"

"Of course, I want to." She and came to me and she cupped my face. "I'm sorry, I will never do that again. I only did it because I was afraid. My wrath towards him came first because I told him that he would protect you, but he didn't. So that was my only reaction, I'm sorry,"

"That's okay mom, I'm also sorry if I reacted that way. I just want to burst out of my pain."

"It's okay."

"I love you, my princess," She said, and we gave each other hugs before Dad stepped in, and joined us.

"Finally, everything is fine," I said to myself.