Chapter 22: Finding Them

Third Person POV,

Matthew Sanchez starts gathering his comrades, when everyone is ready, they get into the car carrying the weapons to rush to the place where Liam and Samantha are.

A clear blue sky and the heat of the sun beaming in the surroundings. They left the city as they passed the vast road with the big trees on the side of it. The battle has not yet started but there is already a drop of sweat coming from Matthew's forehead. He wiped his sweat, his jaw clenched in anger, and his eyes stared focusing on the road.

The crackling of leaves in the distance, and the wind blowing around bring him tension. They still have a long way to go before they reach the place.

On the other side, Liam is sitting comfortably on his bed facing his laptop while busy doing his business. Samantha stood by the door staring at Liam, she's wearing a bathrobe with her soft long black hair flowing over her shoulder. Samantha took a step towards Liam, wearing a big smile on her face.

Liam put his laptop on his side and carried Samantha to his lap. Touching each other nose, they look so happy to each other. Liam smelled Samantha's shoulder, and kissed it, "You smell good," He whispered.

Samantha smiled and said, "We need to go outside,"

"What are we going to do there?"

"Let's have a picnic,"

"Later, at night. I'll finish this first,"

"Okay," She said.

Samantha stood and kissed his forehead and got outside the room.

***********

Samantha's POV,

The place where covered by green grass. It's late at night when we decide to go on a picnic. The darkness slowly lurches into every corner of this forest. He had his arms around me when he felt that I was getting cold. His smile broadens across his face. Our eyes sparkled with happiness as we found a place where we could spread the blanket.

A bright green grass and a comfortable place that I had just seen in my entire life. A vast and sparkling forest and the air were so calming and was drenching delicate smell. This sole spot was about my favorite places. Liam and I  lay down on the blanket staring at the vast sky full of stars, our smiles spread and broadened from ear to ear. The feeling of being in love was in my soul. Liam gives light to my dark life, he is my world too.

He faced me as he touched my face with his thumb, "I want you and I want to marry you."

"Soon if everything is fine," I said softly.

"Sir, may I interrupt your moments?" Said Jake.

"Okay, what it is?"

Liam stood and spoke to Jake from far away just so I couldn't hear what they were talking about.

*******

Liam's POV,

"What is it?"

"Matthew Sanchez will be coming here, they know where we are. What's the plan, sir?"

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible. So that when they get here we are not here anymore. Prepare all the cars." I ordered.

"Okay, sir,"

I went back to Samantha and said, "Sam we need to leave this place."

"Why?"

"I will explain to you later."

We hurried to get in the car and Sam was curious why we were in a hurry.
I will take him to a place where they won't see us. I won't let any of them ruin my happiness. I started the car and drove it hard and fast.

"Why are we in a hurry?"

A curious and concerned sound Samantha's angelic voice asked me while she raised her eyebrow and waited for my answer.

"I have a surprise for you and you need to see this evening." I lied.

Her eyes grow in excitement. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful eyes in the midst of driving how I must be thankful that I have Samantha in my life. Every time I look at her I feel happiness that I didn't even feel in my entire life.

"Hurry up Liam, I want to see your surprise," Samantha spoke in excitement.

"Well, prepare yourself because I'm going to drive even faster."

The dark street we passed as we entered the tunnel made my heart boom in an instant for the thought that what if they find us? I don't want to let that happen again. I sighed heavily because this delightful night might end.

I didn't even tell her the truth about Matthew who was coming to my mansion. I don't want her mind to be confused.

An hour later, it was late midnight we reached another place where my other house was located at this place. I got out of the car first and opened the door for Samantha. I greeted her with a smile and said, "We are here, welcome to one of my favorite places."

I saw in her eyes the amazement at the beauty of the surroundings. Her mouth hung open and her eyes sparkled as she looked around the entire mansion.

"Your villa was very beautifully sculpted." She said.

"Yeah, and this is for us and our family."

She chuckled and hit me in the arm. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," I said.

*****************

Samantha's POV,

I can't believe that he still has a nice house. Every corner was beautifully made and I admired the beauty of his villa. The design was very aesthetic with a combination of of light brown and white paint, it was like a palace. On the outside, there were many trees and a big garden with different flowers in it.

I saw him walking towards me with a
smile on his face.

"Are you amazed by this mansion?" He asked.

I nodded in my response. "Where is my room?"

"Upstairs, are you going to sleep?"

"Yeah, I'm exhausted," I said in a sleepy tone.

"Let's go." He said and held my hand, we walked upstairs and I leaned my head into his shoulder.

As we entered the room, I instantly jumped in, in my bed and closed my eyes. He put a blanket on my entire body and kissed my forehead before he slammed the door slowly.