Chapter 32: Avoid

Samantha's POV

It's been five days but Liam still doesn't show up to me, since I woke up and I haven't seen him. Where is the Liam who came to me with the happiest face? Where is he, one who promised to marry me?

Until now he still has not come here, I will be able to go home this afternoon because I will be discharged I want him to be the one to take me home, I want to be with him and build happy memories but he is not here.

Does he not love me anymore?

Does he not want me?

Here I am again asking even though no one is answering, instead of overthinking I asked Mommy while arranging things, "Where is Liam Mon why doesn't he even show up since I woke up? I want that he is the one to take me home."

"Maybe he is just busy at work, you know that he is too hardworking."

"Ahh, maybe he will come this afternoon. I will wait for him."

"Yes, Sam maybe he will come later, and don't worry your Dad will pick us up here later when we are out."

I just nodded at what my Mom said.

I just stared at the clock all day and it was five o'clock but until now Liam still wasn't here until dad came, so I just got in our car, while we were traveling I couldn't help but think about Liam, why until now he doesn't show his presence to me what did I do wrong?

I was just looking at the cars we were passed by and I was just staring into nothingness.

"Sam, why are you so sad aren't you happy that you will be able to go home?"

"Yes, I am. I'm just thinking of other things,"

"Great, you want it when we get home, I'll cook your favorite meal?"

"Yes Mom"

A few minutes ago we arrived at the house and I went out in the car and Dad opened the door for me.

"Be careful, you just got out from the hospital,"

"Yes Dad, I'm not a child anymore."

"Dad, may I ask something?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Do you where Liam is?"

"Nope," he directly replied.

"Until now Sam you are still thinking about him think about yourself first you need to regain your strength don't think about other people," Mom said from behind.

"I'm sorry Mom, I'm just wondering why he doesn't show up to me."

"It's okay, let's go inside,"

"We finished our dinner but until now not even a text from Liam is nothing so I just texted him.

I will come to your house tomorrow, see you. Then I sent it.

I waited for his reply but there was none so I just went to sleep.

*****

It's already 6 am so I need to prepare myself. I rushed into the bathroom and took a bath, brushing my teeth. I only took a quick bath 'cause I wanted to go early to his house. I only wore a black jeans with a black shirt. The jeans and the T-shirt I wore were too tight for me to expose the sexy body that most of the girls envied of me.

I tied my hair into a messy bun, took my black sandals, and wore them. After I got dressed I made my way into the living room, I didn't eat my breakfast and went straight out when I heard Mom's voice.

"Where are you going?"

"Just in the nearby place, Mom to breathe fresh air." I lied

"Okay just take care of yourself."

I nodded and rushed into my car started the engine and drove it fast.

A few minutes passed before I arrived at Liam's house, when I arrived, the guard immediately opened the gate for me and I immediately parked my car in his yard.

I went out immediately and fortunately, I saw the maid watering the plants outside then I asked, "Hi good morning, may I ask where is Liam?"

"In the kitchen, just go straight,"

"Thank you," I said then I gave her a warm smile.

I sprinted out to the kitchen and I saw Liam holding a glass of wine. It's like he's drowning his body in alcohol. His head was bent down and he didn't notice my arrival so I took the glass that was in his hand when he noticed it, it was like he saw a ghost because his eyes widened.

"Why don't you visit me?" I asked immediately and he stood up.

"What are you doing here, if your mother knows that you are here this will make her angry,"

"Why would she be angry with you?"

"None, you'd better leave Sam." He said calmly and the sadness in his voice was visible.

"Why are you doing this to me, don't you want me here?"

He didn't respond instead he just looked me in the eyes I approached him and held his hand.

"Liam, why did you treat me differently? I thought you were happy when I woke up."

He withdrew his hands from me and I was shocked when he shouted at me.

"Get out of here Sam!"

"What is happening to you why are you like this?"

"Nothing, just leave!" He said emphatically.

I don't know what Liam is thinking about why he is so confusin'. I don't understand him. The pain I felt when he left me came back again. Then a drop of tears fell on my face.

"Damn this gonna happen again." I looked up to hold back my tears and said, "I won't leave unless you say that you don't need me " I said firmly.

"Do you want to know the truth, I don't need you anymore and I don't want to see you again!"

My heart squeezes in pain. His words held thousands of needles that had pierced my heart. The tears that were in my eyes were falling consecutively and I couldn't hold back anymore, why was he like that? I don't know him anymore, the words he uttered hurt so much after he promised me that he would love me till the end but it was now like a crumpled paper to just throw it away. Does he think like this or I just don't understand him?

"No, I'm not leaving," I said while sobbing.

"I said get out of this house!"

"No, I am not going to leave you, I will not go and I will stay until you say you don't love me."

He looked at me and spoke again, "Sam please leave" This time his voice was soft.

"I am not going to leave 'cause you said you would marry me and you promised it. Do you remember?"

"Sam please I'm trying to protect you,"

"Protect me from what? I have been suffering from a coma for 36 days and now you said that you don't need me. How can you say those things when you are always there for me? Waiting for me."

"You know what, you are good at hurting me," I added.

"I'm sorry."

"Now if you said that you don't love me I will leave and won't show you anymore."

"Don't tell me like that because—

"What?"

He looked at me as if he couldn't say what was in his mouth.

"Liam please look at me and just answer yes or no, do you love me?"

"Sam," he cried

"Liam, why can't you tell me?"

"If you can't say that you love me then I can, I love you, Liam, until it reaches the point where I can do everything just to protect you from harm. So now do you love me or not?"

S"am, please!" He shouted

"DO YOU LOVE ME?" I emphasize every word I proclaim.

"Yes! Yes! I love you so much and I don't want you to leave me." He said while he abruptly hugged me.