Chapter 76: Maybe

Liam's POV,

She was lying on the side and sleeping soundly. Her head rested on my shoulder. This feeling that I long for happened now. I held her hand and inhaled her sweet scent. She is the only woman I want to smell and she's the only woman I want to sleep next to. It's a good feeling when the person you love is next to you and sleeping. No one else can make me feel this but her.

I shifted my body to hug her because I missed this feeling. Then I gently wrapped my arms around her. It soothes me whenever she is near me, I was like I became addicted to her. No matter what I do my heart always finds her.

Because of my movement, she woke up. She looked me in the eye and those eyes were captivating to look at.

"What are you doing?" She asked me. I looked at her and removed the hair that was covering her face.

"I'm just trying to hug you." I reasoned.

"Okay." She said as she sat down in bed.

"I just fell asleep here next to you."

"Yes,"

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked.

"Nope," I said faking a groan. "My body is heavy and it feels like I couldn't get up from this bed," I added.

The expression on her face turned into a concerned one then she leaned over me and touched my forehead.

"Eat first, I and daddy brought some food earlier." She said calmly as she got up and took the food and prepared it in front of me. I was just looking at her taking care of me.
Damn, I can't help but smile.

"Why are you smiling like that?" She asked

"I'm just happy," I replied.

"Go eat so we can get out of here."

I followed what she said and I ate everything as if there was no fever. She just watched me until I finished and gave me water to drink.

***

Samantha's POV,

I watched him while he was eating and I was surprised because he just only using his bare hand even though he had a spoon. It was like I saw Liam in front of me differently like he wasn't a millionaire. Did he become like this because I left him? But I was happy with what I saw who would have thought that Liam Archer who is known to be rich and very intimidating when it comes to his employees would change and now he is different in front of me.

He looked at me and I suddenly changed the expression of my face into an emotionless one.

"Just eat slow, you might choke, it's like you're very hungry, how many days have you not eaten?" I asked.

"I don't know when was the last time I ate. I'm starving now that's why I eat so much now." He said and took a bite.

"You want?" He handed a food to me.

"Nope, just eat alone," I said

After he ate, I immediately put it away so that he could take the medicine later. He drank the water I gave him and after a few minutes, he lay down.

Then I made him drink the medicine and I also took a bowl of water to wipe his body. This is good for him to feel better again and he can get out of here later in the hospital. As I wiped him I couldn't help but smile, it's such a good feeling when you take care of your husband.

No matter how many times I've seen this body, I'm still not used to it. I swallowed many times as I wiped his chest down to his perfectly fine stomach.

"Why do you look like that?" He asked.

"Huh? What are you saying?" I asked.

"I guess you want me now." He let out a grin from his voice.

"Just keep your mouth shut so I can finish what I'm doing," I said.

I quickly finished wiping him and after a couple of minutes, he fell asleep. I'm just here at the bed so I can watch over him.

After a while, the doctor came in and said we can go home. I immediately called Daddy so that he would pick us up.

It was late afternoon and I was exhausted. I immediately arranged the things that we would take home. But I feel like I miss us. I remembered how beautiful it was to sleep next to him. I miss sleeping with him but not yet now because there is still pain in my heart because of what he did. I miss the old us, I hope I can forgive you and our relationship will return to the way it was before.

We got home and Liam immediately looked for our daughter. When he saw her, he picked her up and kissed her on the forehead.

"Daddy missed you." He said as he wrapped his arm around his daughter.

I don't know but I was smiling looking at my daughter and Liam. Maybe this is the time for me to forgive him, he did everything again just so I could forgive him and not leave him forever. That was just a kiss between them but it hurts me more whenever I think of it.

"I hope Mommy will forgive me." He said to our daughter.

I glared at him and gave him an emotionless look but I could see through his eyes that he was sincere and that he couldn't lose me.

After I put our things, Daddy immediately called me and it seemed like he had to say was important.

"Have you forgiven him?" Daddy asked

"I don't know Dad because it still hurts," I said

"It's up to you, Sam when you can forgive him, but I can see from his actions that he regrets what he did to you." Daddy calmly said.

I watched Liam and my daughter and Liam was very happy carrying our daughter.

"Do you want your family to be destroyed and your daughter might lose his father?" Daddy asked.

"No Dad, he is still the father of our child even if we separate. I won't hold it against him."

"But Sam, I don't want my granddaughter to grow up without his father by her side, so forgive him and live a happy life again."

"I think about it first, maybe the wounds in my heart will heal and I can forgive him."

"Okay Sam, take care of your family."

"All right Dad," I said as he tapped my shoulder and walked out in front of me.