Here We Go Again (First Day Pt. 1)

PROLOGUE
No way. We had come so far. Months had passed, and we were finally facing the last battle. Time to discover the truth behind those masks.

Chaos was rampant in the arena of sorts, but it didn't matter. It couldn't end here. I wasn't about to lose the girl I loved—not like this. So I dug through the crowd, desperate to see her face among the hundreds of enemies. I would never stop. Not until I got her back.

Monsters of all shapes and sizes raved around me, pounding on the glowing white-and-pink. But I didn't give a care in the world as I charged past them, inflicting all my hate and fury upon them. So I walked over the ocean, through the tornado, jumped over the jungle and into the inferno. And finally, the black void, that had torn a hole through reality, came into view in front of me.

I had fought and won too many battles to lose the war. So I wasn't planning to lose it, and I never would. This was what we were fighting for. A new world. A utopia of peace. No longer a plagued hell run by the evil that camouflaged in the shadows. Finally, they didn't get to control us anymore. So it was time to face the ultimatum. Before the rise of the darkness darkened the light forever.

For her.
For all my friends.
For the school.
For the world.

Fang POV
"Ugh, here we go again," I grumbled as I pushed open my room's door in the school. I was on the top level and was going to have another 7th Grader as a roommate. Thank goodness this was my graduating year.

I peeked around the room. It was empty, save for two beds, a couple of tables and chairs, a clock, a lamp and some plants. My roommate probably hadn't arrived this early. I decided to take a stroll through the school's huge garden. Mdm Rosa had grown lots of beautiful plants and flowers there. She called it "The Biodome". Eve, a star student and prefect, also loved to help out there.

I had just stepped out of the door when I slammed straight into a black-haired boy. "Oh, hi! I'm Edgar!" he introduced himself warmly.

I replied, "I'm Fang. Are you my roommate?"

Edgar shook his head and laughed. "No, I'm your neighbour. I live at unit 10-72, next to yours, 10-73. I've lived here in this same room for the past few years and my roommates have all been super annoying. Fingers crossed that this year's one won't be!"

"Oh. Well, do you wanna join me? I'm going to the Biodome." I invited him.

"Oh, sure! We can chat a bit while we're there. The Biodome Cafe serves the best food..." Edgar accepted excitedly.

We quickly made our way to the Biodome Entrance, which was on the sixth floor. The dome itself was four stories tall, going all the way up to the ninth floor. My room last year was right beside the Biodome's top level and had a beautiful view of the flowers in the "Flowers of Asia Garden".

Soon enough, we were at the Biodome. I asked, "I've never been to the Biodome Cafe. Which level is it on?"

Edgar stared at me, shocked. "The Biodome Cafe is on Level Eight. Also, how have you never been to the cafe? How many years have you been in this school?"

I laughed, "Seven! This is my graduating year. Anyways, I just like to eat at the canteen in the glass pyramid, Foxfire. They serve some excellent Western food there. Also, the periods before my lunch are mostly in that area."

Edgar said knowingly, "Oh, I see. I prefer to eat at the Biodome because it's close to the Sapphire and Amethyst Towers, which was where most of my sessions were last year and the year before. Anyways, I'm in my graduating year too! We can study together!"

"Cool!" I agreed.

When we had reached the Biodome Cafe, Edgar immediately recommended a number of selections for me. I ended up with the Shrimp Caesar Salad as my appetiser, the New York Strip Steak as my entrée and the Baked Alaska as my dessert.

The meal was delicious and satisfying. I now understood why Edgar loved this place so much.

We quickly went back to our rooms to unpack and get dressed for the big Welcome Ceremony that would be delivered at night.
As I opened the door, I immediately noticed the girl staring out of the window, looking at the glass pyramid below us. She turned as I came in and introduced herself with a shy wave.

"Hi. I'm Janet."