Re-creation (Developments Pt. 3)

Penny POV
"They have defeated one of my Vikas. But here comes another!" I cackled as I sent a golden talon spiralling towards Paradise, smiling as it sailed out of the window in the roof. And with my newfound strength, I vowed to help Lodestar in all the ways I could. Because he was the only one who mattered to me.

Fang POV
Paradise grunted as he realised Gift was missing, his eyes narrowing. Teleto re-started his Second Chance so that if we rewinded, we wouldn't have to defeat Gift again.

"Wow, it's a good thing I re-started!" Teleto murmured as a golden void shot from Paradise's hands, sucking Pyral into it. As she disappeared with a scream, Teleto rewinded quickly and warned everyone to not fall for the same trap.

This time, Pyral darted away before the vacuum opened and sucked her in, and Paradise snarled in frustration as he closed the void and opened a new one.

"He can only open one void at a time!" I realised, transmitting into Hydro's Transmission. "That's his biggest weakness."

"Yeah...but how do we exploit that?" Moonshot wondered. "He can close and open new ones so fast that if we get near him, we'll get sucked into the void in seconds!"

"Guys, I don't think we have time to think of a plan!" Psionio warned with dread in her voice. We followed her gaze to spot a golden talon curving through the air towards Paradise.

"It's okay, let it enter me!" Paradise said, putting us in a trancelike state. I snarled and clutched my head as the villain's silky, beguiling voice echoed around my head, threatening to control me. And as the talon entered a watch on Paradise's right arm, my frustration continued to build.

"Now, give me your Kyras!" Paradise commanded as a golden eagle with fearsomely sharp talons and a diamond-tipped beak morphed into our vision, its feathers glistening in the light as it focused its beady, bronze eyes on us. Realising that Teleto, Psionio and Golden Dragon had already succumbed to his enchantment, I growled and tried to send a lightning bolt towards the villain. But that little bit of concentration I had scraped together vanished with the lightning bolt, and soon I too had fallen into the trap.

"Now, Astro, your Kyra is better than the rest, so you go first!" Paradise gestured for me to move forward. And as he hurled the golden void at me, I groaned as his hold broke over my mind, but shifted to my body instead.

"Whoa!" I yelled as I spun in a spiral into the mysterious portal, thudding down onto an empty, white space. A robotic voice instructed, "Imagine your place of relaxation."

"Wait...what? No!" I shouted, pounding on the floor. But suddenly, the voice beeped, "Access granted."

"Argh, not again!" I screamed as a dark brown portal appeared in front of me and I tumbled into the vacuum-like tear in reality once again. When the misery of travelling through that thing finally ended, I was plopped onto a bench and looked around in confusion.

Thudding and pounding noises echoed all around me, and I realised I was in a mine. "Dynamike? Jacky?" I whispered as I saw the familiar figures. But as I reached out to touch them, I realised it was just a simulation. It wasn't the real people.

"Your wish is granted. You have been brought to a world where loud noises are rampant!" the all-too-familiar robot's voice echoed around the odd void.

"Please, guys. Save the world before it's too late..." I pleaded, to nothing in particular, as I collapsed on the floor and hoped it wasn't the end.

Janet POV
"No! Astro!" I gasped as my boyfriend was sucked into the portal. I was ready to break into sadness and just let all hell loose—perhaps the paradise that this villain promised would truly be better.

But my jaw set with steely determination as I remembered the evil things Lodestar and Vikana would do if we lost. "I'll save you, Astro..." I whispered.

A million ideas racing through my mind, a million thoughts echoing in my head, a million emotions pounding in my heart—I was ready to give up until I remembered something Byron had said before. I still remembered that day clearly—Byron had told us that the limits of our powers were only the ones that we set for ourselves.

"I just need the right thing..." I thought carefully, trying to think of something I could do to help us in this situation. But as I watched Pyral, too, fall into Paradise's spell, I felt a pang of worry enter my furiously beating heart.

Calm down, I told myself. Focus. My mind ran through all my memories with my close friends—and my newfound boyfriend. The way Fang supported me would be something I would never forget. His love was boundless—stretching on for all eternity.

Boundless. That's it! I realised. When we had first faced Silencer, I used the power of Transmission to help ourselves get through that mess. But now I didn't need to overcome silence—I needed silence itself. As I concentrated with all my might, I could only think of what possible way to trigger new powers.

Tentatively, I processed my command. I only had one chance—if I got it wrong, after using my concentration on that solitary word, I would fall to Paradise's enchantment.

But my friends' faces flashed through my mind. And as I lingered the longest on Fang, I found courage and roared, "Anti-Transmission!"