First Impressions Matter (First Day Pt. 2)

Fang POV
"Oh, hi. I'm Fang." I stared at the striking stranger in front of me. I had never seen her before. Unless...wait a second!

"I know you're Fang. You're one of the most popular guys in school." Janet replied before I could even say anything.

I blushed. "I remember you too. Haven't you been giving a performance at the Welcome Ceremonies for the past three years?"

"Yeah, I did it with my sister Bonnie. It's what we do at the stunt show with my father Stu." Janet confirmed.

"Well, you do it very well!" I complimented her. "I love your performances. But anyway, shouldn't we get ready? The ceremony starts at four and it's already two."

"Yeah, okay." Janet agreed as she began taking things out of her suitcase and arranging them around her half of the room. I copied her and did the same. By three, we were all done. I quickly stepped into the bathroom to take a shower as Janet did her makeup.

The shower was beautiful. I watched as the rainbow coloured streams of water cascaded downwards like a waterfall, shimmering with every movement. When I was done, I wrapped myself in a shining white towel and dried myself. I quickly stepped out to let Janet use it. She thanked me and rushed in.

I placed my towel on a chair and then dressed up with tailored pants and designer clothes, completing the look with a stylish black leather jacket. I quickly picked out some socks to wear.

By the time Janet emerged from the bathroom, I was all dressed up. To give Janet some privacy as she wore her clothes, I stepped out and went to Edgar's room.

"Come in!" he called as I knocked on the door. I pushed it open and looked around. "Your roommate still isn't here?"

"Yeah, I don't know where she is." Edgar replied. He was already decked up in a suede brown jacket and dark blue jeans, along with a fancy jerkin with many etchings on it. "How's your roommate?" Edgar questioned.

"Well, she's nice." I replied. Before I could say much more, a squeal rang through the room.

"It's Fang! And Edgar! Hi, I'm Colette, your old colleague at Griff's gift shop! Can I get a picture with you?" A white haired girl rushed out.

Before we could say no, she pulled us to her side and took a photo of the three of us. "So, who's my roommate?" she wondered excitedly.

"It's me." Edgar told her.

"Cool!" Colette squealed again. "I, um, I'm gonna go change and unpack."

"Well, this is gonna be fun..." Edgar muttered with a hint of annoyance.

"Come on, first impressions don't matter, Edgar!" I tried to cheer him up while laughing inside.