Illusion (Oblivion Pt.1)

Fang POV
We had just settled down to our revision notes when a blinding flash enveloped the whole world. Glaring out of the window, I found some sort of ghostly orange-suited villain and a magician of some sort zapping everything in sight. Each time the ray of the wand hit something, a random thing appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh no...Gimmi, bring the storm!" I yelled. Janet immediately rushed to do the same.

Everyone, two mysterious villains appeared at the base of the Pink Tourmaline Tower! I texted the other four. Soon, I saw Pyral and Moonshot standing on the balcony, just like us.

"What is that?" Moonshot pointed at the ghostly orange-suited villain. He looked like a cross between a superhero and a ghost.

"Time to find out!" I decided, leaping down from the balcony, followed by Hydro, Pyral and Moonshot.

"Hey, you in the weird orange suit!" I yelled at the villain who had turned his back to mine. "What's your name?"

The ghost turned around, smiling evilly as he answered, "I'm Summoner. And this friend of mine is Oblivio. But enough talking. Oblivio, seize their Kyras!"

Oblivio slammed his wand against his palm, and suddenly a hundred cannons appeared in front of us. "Fire!" Oblivio shouted, causing a hundred cannonballs to rain down on us.

"Perfect, you fell into my trap!" Oblivio laughed as a cage appeared around them. "Hand me your Kyra or I will electrocute you!" As he spoke, the bars of the silver cage crackled with electricity.

Oblivio wasn't lying.

But he didn't need to be.

"Voyage!" A familiar voice called out. Soon, we found ourselves standing beside Teleto and Psionio.

"Thanks, Teleto," I said gratefully.

Oblivio growled in fury and sent another cage tumbling down on us. But we leaped away just in time. "Second Chance!" Teleto yelled as he raised his hand to the sky. "Voyage!"

We stepped into a portal, appearing right behind Summoner. Teleto, who stayed on the roof, opened another portal below Oblivio's feet, dropping him onto the roof of a nearby building.

But Summoner kicked us aside. He had noticed us! "Cage!" he snarled, a glimmering gold cage thundering down from the sky. It slammed into the ground just as the five of us escaped. Another cage followed, this time silver—Oblivio had recovered.

As I observed the cages, I suddenly noticed something weird. The gold cage's shadow was so long, it extended to Summoner's feet. But the silver cage's shadow...wasn't visible.

And then I understood why.

"Bolt!" I blasted lightning at the bar of the cage. Instantly, the cage disappeared. But the lightning bounced off the gold cage.

"That's your power, isn't it?" I guessed. Oblivio was enraged, sending a thousand handcuffs flying at me. But I swiped them away just with one swift movement, causing them to disappear.

Oblivio looked frightened, backing away from me and towards Summoner.

"What's his power?" everyone else asked in confusion.

"Creating fake things," I answered. "The power of Illusion."