Negativity (Creation Pt. 1)

Fang POV
It had been two weeks since the new term started, and school was well in. Janet, Edgar, Colette and I had just stepped out of the exam hall, proceeding to the Biodome for lunch.

"Welp, there sure are too many negative emotions around here," Edgar fanned the air with his hands. He joked, "I sure would know, since I used to be kinda emo."

"Yeah, about that..." I began. "Too many negative emotions have caused reaviniatizations again and again for those sensitive ones. It's been two weeks and we've already faced Hearthunter five times."

"We definitely need to find a way to stop this ridiculous reaviniatizations. Hasn't Byron found a solution yet?" Janet agreed.

"Apparently not, or he would have told us." I mumbled as I grabbed a seat. "We just have to hope he finds one soon."

<*~*>

We had just rescued Summoner yet again after she transformed due to her anger at Mr. P. Apparently, he kept summoning her to do lots of time-consuming time for things that were not important, causing her to lose time to do her own things for her classes. Even though she was his assistant, Mr. P should not force her to do everything herself, and that was a point she wanted to prove with her Vika Ego, who could shoot bolts of lightning that turned others into mindless shells.

As we leaped into a nearby cafe for lunch, Leon told us, "I heard Byron is getting very busy nowadays. That's probably why he hasn't gotten back to us on the meanings of our Kyras like what Creation does as well as how we can prevent these annoying reaviniatizations."

"Well, let's see what we can do. We can't just keep fighting them like this, we have other things that are quite important. And it's not good for these people to keep transforming—even though they can't remember it, it still takes a physical toll on them." I informed everyone. "I saw Penny straining after we saved her."

"Wow, we really must get down to the bottom of this, fast!" Sandy murmured. "We can't let Lodestar harm these innocent victims."

"But for now, let's build up our energy!" Janet exclaimed as she stared at the long list of food on the menu of the FieldCity Cafe.

Outside...

Addie POV
"C'mon, everybody, it's the soccer tryouts!" Jake said as he passed, he smiled at me.

"Well, you could always go for Jake instead of Fang, it's more realistic..." Christina told me.

"Meh, I guess. He does like me but I truly like Fang and not him, it would break his heart when he found out. But anyways doesn't every couple have someone they secretly prefer compared to their spouse—like celebrities? I guess it'll be fine, I'll just-"

"ADDIE!" Christina's voice rang through my head. "Stop daydreaming, the tryouts have started."

I watched many people go past me and quickly followed, realising it was time to go. I had just gotten on the field when I saw Fang at the FieldCity Cafe with his friends. "Sandy?" I mumbled to myself. "That's new."

A shrill whistle was blown to signify the start of the match, but I still hadn't turned. Only Christina's voice interrupted my dreamy haze.

"Addie, watch out!"

"Oof!" I grunted as a ball nailed me in the stomach. I dropped to the grass, falling backwards and landing with a splat in the mud. Grass trailed across my hair and mud caked my face; my shirt and pants were even worse. But I had hurt my pride even more.

"Bruh, what a loser!" Kevin laughed.

"Kevin, stop being mean to others!" Jake snarled. His fist whirled towards the other boy's nose, colliding with a sickening crunch. Jake rushed to my side, asking me, "Addie, are you okay? You don't look good. I'm bringing you to the nurse's office."

"Ow, you hit me so hard!" Kevin cried. "Did you break my beautiful nose?"

"It isn't broken." Jake said harshly. "Next time, it will be."

Penny POV
"Ah, Hearthunter. But her powers aren't right enough for her this time. Time to use a new avinia!" Lodestar cackled.

Addie POV
As Jake carried me away, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. An avinia. "No, Jake, put me down!" I screamed.

Too late.

"Penalty, I am Lodestar. You got made fun of for not being good at soccer? Well, I'll help you show them who's truly the best! I will help you in your conquest," the villain's voice rang out.

"Oh no, Jake, run!" I shouted before the avinia engulfed me.

"That's more like it!" Lodestar cackled as I transformed, a blue clock appearing in my hand.

"Kevin! Where are you?" I snarled.

Written 20 Jan
Edited 27 Jan