Split Efforts (First Night Pt. 3)

Fang POV
As we checked the schedule, we saw that the mode right now was Split. We waited for another player to join us.

Finally, Surge came. Then, the system divided us into two groups. Me, Janet and Surge were on one team while Leon, Jessie and Edgar were on the other.

Before the match started, I whispered to Surge, "Go right! You have an advantage on the right. Janet will follow me to the left."

Then Surge activated his Power Surge Gadget and sped off to the right. Janet and I made our way to the left.

Leon and Jessie came to fight us. While Janet struggled to fight them both, I stayed on the sidelines and tried to charge my Super. But before I could do anything, Janet activated her turret gadget and wiped them out in two seconds.

"Janet has defeated Leon and Jessie!" the announcer said. On the other side of the map, I could see Surge struggling to fight Edgar. His Power Surge had almost worn off and he had less than a thousand HP while Edgar had 2064.

Soon enough, a message boomed across the stadium. "Edgar has defeated Surge!"

This time, Leon and Jessie were at the right, with Edgar. I wanted to go over and try to defeat them, but before I could do anything, Surge popped out of the bushes and jumped on them. He double-shotted Leon before he leaped on Edgar and Jessie again, killing Jessie immediately and defeating Edgar with one shot.

I cheered so loud that the announcer's message could not be heard.

Then, Jessie suddenly deployed her turret right beside us, defeating Janet at the same time Janet eliminated it. Leon and Jessie advanced on me as Edgar suddenly leaped on Surge. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Surge get killed before he could even activate his Super. I quickly hit Jessie twice with a shoe, charging my Super. Then I bolted towards them, activating my Roundhouse Kick Gadget to stun them. In one shot, I wiped out Jessie but I still had Leon to deal with.

At that moment, Leon had 2611 HP while I had 2420. Suddenly, he fired a barrage of shuriken and I was lowered to 487 HP. I quickly attacked Leon once but ran out of ammo. Leon still had 511 HP left and one ammo! I would die for sure.

Thankfully, my Divine Soles Star Power activated and Leon only dealt 122 damage. I had charged my ammo back up and defeated him quickly. Janet quickly took over my place as I hid in the bushes to recover.

On the other side of the map, Surge was dealing with Leon and Edgar. He was at Stage 2 and had one Super in hand, but extremely low HP, while Edgar and Jessie both had full HP. So, I decided to give him a hand.

With 3627 HP, I zipped towards them and lowered them to under 2000 Hp before my death. Seizing the opportunity, Surge leaped on them and with two shots, he defeated them both.

So far, we were at 89% while the enemies were at 92%. We had to catch up!

Just before we reached 92%, Leon appeared out of nowhere and tanked Janet! Then, he captured the hot zone, bringing his team to 95% while we were at 91%! I eliminated him with three shoes, stood on the hot zone until we captured it,then raced to help Surge defeat Edgar and Jessie, who were fighting Janet. No one was in the hot zone because they were afraid of death.

Now, Edgar's team was at 98% while we were at 97%. I quickly sneaked up on the enemies from behind, and wiped them out with two supers and three ammo. Then, I stepped on the hot zone and brought us to victory.